Stereo Amps on Mumbai OLX

Anyways this is not the way to keep these vintage beauties :D It may effect the cosmetic condition :lol:

And when prospective buyer enter, they behave like sitting on top of gold. But in reality, there may be chance that you have to spend lot on getting it in glorious sounding condition. I prefer trusted source, or individual owner over vintage equipment dealers.

I am not sure..but I think Kiran is a member here too....

I have been looking at the OLX postings for the past few weeks...there is one more guy Ganesh from Lal Baug...who has a big store of vintage audio systems....

Most of the high end audio devices pass through either Hemant, Kiran or Ganesh at Mumbai..at least from the online ads that I have seen....I have not seen FM Shafic on either ebay on olx..he offers TTs only here..

regards,
Jawed

I am not sure..but I think Kiran is a member here too....

I have been looking at the OLX postings for the past few weeks...there is one more guy Ganesh from Lal Baug...who has a big store of vintage audio systems....

Most of the high end audio devices pass through either Hemant, Kiran or Ganesh at Mumbai..at least from the online ads that I have seen....I have not seen FM Shafic on either ebay on olx..he offers TTs only here..

regards,
Jawed
Thats true. Have heard mixed reactions about kiran. Even itry to stay away from dealers other than trusted ones here but i am surprised that noone really talks about the ones you mentioned esp ganesh & kiran.

Navinsinha... were you speaking with experience about kiran? Can you share your experience in detail?

The stack of equipment on the ad used to be there. I have seen it with my own eyes. The last time I met Kiran some two months ago in the same house, he said he has shifted most of his stuff to another house.

Buying old, used gear always comes with uncertainties. Personally I have had mixed experience buying from different people.

The important thing is to hear a seller's description of the equipment and also go see for yourself, and make up your mind. One must not expect "as good as new" when buying old equipment. The years do take their toll on any equipment, especially those with moving parts.

My point being, let's not run down a particular seller. They're there to fulfill a need. Like any other folks in the world, you will come across good ones as well as bad ones.

I went to his house to see an amp at a place in Mira Road. At that time, he had only 2 amps and 2 sets of speakers. That's my personal experience.

Thats true. Have heard mixed reactions about kiran. Even itry to stay away from dealers other than trusted ones here but i am surprised that noone really talks about the ones you mentioned esp ganesh & kiran.

Navinsinha... were you speaking with experience about kiran? Can you share your experience in detail?

thanks for replying navin and thank you jls too....guess you solved the mystery of the disappearing amps:)

He may be having two places where he is keeping his wares - I went to one and probably Joshua to the other......

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back