Stereo Receiver in USA

M

mpw

Hi,

I want to know which stereo receiver is good to get in the USA.

This is for someone who wants a radio as well.

Budget about USD 500 - USD 700

Prefer inbuilt phono stage though open to getting a separate one.

He has a Technics SL 1200 as source

NAD is one brand that comes to mind.... anything else to be considered ?

regards
mpw

For stereo receiver, consider Magnum Dynalab. They are outside the budget limit you have set but you may get some decently priced pre-owned on ebay or their own site. Their MD-208 is a classic.

Mahesh,
Why not look for Vintage Classics like Marantz 22xx series. Also look for Nad 7020. It has classic 3020 amp section. professionally restored unit would be icing on the cake. Even Nad 7020e will be good.

6890363602_6f8de87b9d_b.jpg

NAD_7020_0001.JPG

Regards

Mahesh,
Why not look for Vintage Classics like Marantz 22xx series. Also look for Nad 7020. It has classic 3020 amp section. professionally restored unit would be icing on the cake. Even Nad 7020e will be good.

Regards

+1 to that - Marantz 2270 or similar. Make sure it has been
properly recapped. Icing on the cake is if has a WC-22 wooden case
in good condition.

My experience with Outlaw has been brief and only with their HT processors and if that is anything to go by, you would go too wrong with them...good option IMO

:D

just thought i would clarify :lol:

actually when i looked at it, i kind of liked it..

you know.... for all the "hifi "we do...;)

BTW, what speakers would go well with the Outlaw kind of sound ?

Music taste - jazz, oldie english, ella fitzgerald, louis armstrong.... and some rock....something warm and liquidy

regards

the Outlaw RR 2150 is purchased .

The sound is good and so are the features for the money.

https://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2150_about.html

The source is a Technics SL 1200 MK2.

Looking for matching speakers now - any experience with the Mirage 7si ( bipolar ) floorstanders ?

regards

From where did you buy it? Online?
How much did you pay for this?

Please, provide detailed review (after few days/weeks, off course) with some pics.

amit,

this was bought by someone close - living in USA.

online yes - ( B Stock but new )

price usd 650 approx

visit the link provided for more details

if they do make a 220V version of if you have someone to get it for you.... its a lot of features for the money and a pretty powerful amplifier too.

Outlaw Audio is one of the many companies that sell direct and that means cost savings for the end user.

Other examples include emotiva / axiom audio etc..

regards

amit,

this was bought by someone close - living in USA.

online yes - ( B Stock but new )

price usd 650 approx

visit the link provided for more details

if they do make a 220V version of if you have someone to get it for you.... its a lot of features for the money and a pretty powerful amplifier too.

Outlaw Audio is one of the many companies that sell direct and that means cost savings for the end user.

Other examples include emotiva / axiom audio etc..

regards

1. any problems with customs? declaration etc.

2. It is not clear from your post whether they have a 220-240 volt version. I could only see 120 volts version from the blown up picture on the site
3. Do they have any sale like emotiva has during the year

Back