Stereo Set up!!!

RAJESH

Hi Friends,

Need your expert advice as I'm stuck in the mud. I am still on the lookout for a good set of tower speakers & amplifer. Could some one please let me know which ones I should go for. My budget for both is max 1.3 lakhs.

The size of my room is 25 length, 18 feet width. The songs I usually listen to is slow rock, Metal ballads, Country, Gospel. However on family get togethers, these speakers should turn into a Disco. My folks love the bass thumping party songs, jive, rock n roll, basic dance stuff...I hope you guys get the picture.

So I am looking for an all in one stuff. From sunday nap time mellow music to party time.

If you guys think you know there are couple of towers buy combined with a sub, will meet this requirement. I'm in for it. If you guys think powered speakers should do this, I'm game for that too. But I am still insistent of clear, crisp, & I do give a lot of attention to stereo music detail.

The main source of music is my iPhone, & laptop.

What else do you guys need to know. Pls shoot a mail my way if you want more details. but
pease guys need your help on this big time. Thanks ahead

Regards
Rajesh

Hi Friends,

Need your expert advice as I'm stuck in the mud. I am still on the lookout for a good set of tower speakers & amplifer. Could some one please let me know which ones I should go for. My budget for both is max 1.3 lakhs.

The size of my room is 25 length, 18 feet width. The songs I usually listen to is slow rock, Metal ballads, Country, Gospel. However on family get togethers, these speakers should turn into a Disco. My folks love the bass thumping party songs, jive, rock n roll, basic dance stuff...I hope you guys get the picture.

So I am looking for an all in one stuff. From sunday nap time mellow music to party time.

If you guys think you know there are couple of towers buy combined with a sub, will meet this requirement. I'm in for it. If you guys think powered speakers should do this, I'm game for that too. But I am still insistent of clear, crisp, & I do give a lot of attention to stereo music detail.

What else do you guys need to know. Pls shoot a mail my way if you want more details. but
pease guys need your help on this big time. Thanks ahead

Regards
Rajesh
With a budget stated, you can get a very nice set-up which is pre-owned. You may see good deals on amps and speakers on the forum itself.
Good luck!

Considering your room size and music preference, I would suggest SVS Ultra Towers.
They got 2 numbers of 6.5" mid range drivers and 2 numbers of 8" woofers in each tower.

You can pair it with Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 3 Stereo Amplifier, which will be sufficient even for your party time (300W RMS per channel).
But total cost will be above your budget

Both HTStore and The Home Cinema (Rupesh: 8296500666) deals with SVS and Emotiva. You may call them and check whether these are available for demo, if you would like to audition them.

With the budget you have just check out the first page of For Sale section.
Exposure 2010S2 for 70k or Brio/Nait 5i for 50k
Focal 726 for 50k
Schiit Modi DAC for 10k
Fits perfectly in your budget, or wait and watch for a while.. you might get even better deals

Focal 726 for 50k
Schiit Modi DAC for 10k
Fits perfectly in your budget, or wait and watch for a while.. you might get even better deals
He wants to play using iPhone/ laptop.. no need of dac

Focal 726 for 50k
Schiit Modi DAC for 10k
Focal 726 will be better when used with a sub..
49hz +/-3db specs.

However on family get togethers, these speakers should turn into a Disco. My folks love the bass thumping party songs, jive, rock n roll, basic dance stuff...I hope you guys get the picture.

If your laptop has HDMI, then better to get an AVR..

The size of my room is 25 length, 18 feet width.

You room seems large and with the bass levels that you are looking for, dual subs would work for you..

My budget for both is max 1.3 lakhs.

Consider an AVR + dual subs + pair of BS..

If your laptop has HDMI, then better to get an AVR..

You room seems large and with the bass levels that you are looking for, dual subs would work for you..

Consider an AVR + dual subs + pair of BS..
Correct advise, keeping in mind his usage for party time

Stereo speakers which can go down to 35hz +/- 3db ( in room response will be less than 30hz)
with a good amp which can provide power at 2/4ohms will give much better sound.

AVR cannot match the sound quality of a amplifier.

Stereo speakers which can go down to 35hz +/- 3db ( in room response will be less than 30hz)
with a good amp which can provide power at 2/4ohms will give much better sound.

AVR cannot match the sound quality of a amplifier.

With a subwoofer you have a higher SPL especially in case of party as OP request.. If you are in the mood, you can always bump the volume for the party.. FS may not be able to match the SPL of a subwoofer, especially given his room size..

With a subwoofer you have a higher SPL especially in case of party as OP request.. If you are in the mood, you can always bump the volume for the party.. FS may not be able to match the SPL of a subwoofer, especially given his room size..

My choice for that price will be
Klipsch rp 250f with crown xls 1502 applying high pass filter in crown at 30 or 40hz .

No experience with hardware/listening and purely my subjective opinion. For large rooms general wisdom would be to have powerful amplifier (NADs with their power drive are nice amps) and for various genres of music have multi drivers speakers and most important to have control of room reflections/speaker positioning etc. which also I have no experience.
Regards.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back