Stereo Setup - Budget 1L-1.5L

hi, kanna.sridharan, Though I'm off the current topic, from your earlier posts, I saw that the source of your music is mp3@320kbps. On this,I would like to know from where you source the 320kbps mp3, is it downloaded from any web site or ripped from the original audio CDs.
Rgds,

hi, kanna.sridharan, Though I'm off the current topic, from your earlier posts, I saw that the source of your music is mp3@320kbps. On this,I would like to know from where you source the 320kbps mp3, is it downloaded from any web site or ripped from the original audio CDs.

Rgds,

Most of them were ripped from CD's or Flacs. Off late the collection is growing based on downloads.

tried b&w 685s2?you should audition it before you decide it is simply supurb.

I've demoed the 683, read my next post

The wait is over finally...

Final audition,

First I tired the NAIM NAIT 5i + Revel M106 (bookshelves) - it sounded really nice and there was a lot of low extension for a bookshelf
Next up was the NAIM NAIT 5i + B&W 683 s2 - what world of difference in the lows, the highs were a bit soft compared to the Revel bookshelf, but they sounded just superb, something I've never heard till date - not in my budget at all

Next was what I intended to buy NAIM NAIT 5i + Revel F12 - suddenly I didn't like what I had shortlisted.
After listening to all the speakers which were out of my budget I didn't like the sound coming fro my shortlisted one.

This was the worst part of the day, when you have to decide whether to settle down for something within your budget or stretch to get the one u like and think of how ur going to get blowed from the wife,

Finally, after giving it a lot of thought I decided to go with a good offer from the dealer & decided on the below

NAIM NAIT 5i + B&W 683 (S1)-the old model.

They will be reaching my home probably by next Thursday, will give a detailed report in weeks time.

Thanks to all for all your valuable thoughts & suggestions, without you'll it would've been a difficult task.

Waiting for my gear to come home..

Kannan

You will never go wrong on monitor audio silver series, the ceramic tweeters , mid and low frequency speakers are same as gold and and platinum range, except for ribbon tweeters in platinum. Go for monitor audio and you will not regret .,

Naim HAS LOST ITS QUALITY and on amp , stick with arcam if you need flat and un colored output . But I recommend Cambridge audio , but your budget does,t not allow.

Also you should try audio people in chennai, they will have some precious versions of monitor audio silver series which will be in your budget,

Kannan

You will never go wrong on monitor audio silver series, the ceramic tweeters , mid and low frequency speakers are same as gold and and platinum range, except for ribbon tweeters in platinum. Go for monitor audio and you will not regret .,

Naim HAS LOST ITS QUALITY and on amp , stick with arcam if you need flat and un colored output . But I recommend Cambridge audio , but your budget does,t not allow.

Also you should try audio people in chennai, they will have some precious versions of monitor audio silver series which will be in your budget,

Personally, I never liked the MA's, not to my taste, they were bright and wouldn't go as low as I was expecting them. As for Audio People, I was disappointed with their demonstration, hence didn't develop an interest to go there again.

My purchase is done. I did like the Arcam, but the Naim just floored it - it was obvious that it was one step ahead, specs apart. For not choosing the CA, only the 851 would've put justice to what I was looking for, but since I had a 650, wanted to try something new.

Thanks

congratulations ! am sure this will be a good pairing to your ears since you auditioned them personally.

for speaker cables - you may like to look at the Naim Naca5.. but that will come later..

firstly.. njoi the sweet wait until thursday :)

mpw

The wait is finally over....

Naim 5i-2 and B&W 683 (S1) have arrived, installed and playing all songs I had auditioned at the dealer.

Sounds different to what I heard there, will write in a good review in a weeks time (with pictures)

Thanks to all!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back