Stereo Setup for Living Room within a budget of 1.5 Lakhs

Thanks..my cousin is giving away his few months old PM7005. Will it be great for music. Which Speakers you suggest will be good for 100% music listening with bass and can match with PM7005. For the room I have shared the master plan...Please suggest

Attachments

• InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks..my cousin is giving away his few months old PM7005. Will it be great for music. Which Speakers you suggest will be good for 100% music listening with bass and can match with PM7005. For the room I have shared the master plan...Please suggest
Hi Rajiv, the Wharfedale linton's that Rahuln mentioned earlier should be a good starting point for your audition, you can carry the PM7005 while going for the same. Members from Bangalore should be able to guide you in locating the best dealers. Apologies again for the digression earlier on! Best wishes with your speaker hunt :)

So now everything finalized, the last thing which remains is the amp. This will be integrated with SR6013 and will be used for music listening. I have narrowed down to 3 amps -- PM8006, Audiolab 6000A and CX A80. Please advise which of these will be good and will be able to drive my front speakers for music. If there is something better also, please recommend. The budget is 85K.

So now everything finalized, the last thing which remains is the amp. This will be integrated with SR6013 and will be used for music listening. I have narrowed down to 3 amps -- PM8006, Audiolab 6000A and CX A80. Please advise which of these will be good and will be able to drive my front speakers for music. If there is something better also, please recommend. The budget is 85K.
Lol
Buying integrated amp for AVR ?

This is confusing. AVR + IA in the same rig.
Anyways, seems like you have worked it out.
Cheers,
Raghu

if you have an AVR with a Pre out, what you need is a power amp as you cannot feed a preamp output to another preamp..

can you list down what you already have and what you want to do with that? eg do yuo already have speakers and you want another set of speakers ?
Also what is our source for music ?

Sure...
Dali Zensor 7 (Front) + Zensor Vokal + Zensor 1(Surround) + SVS SB 1000 ( Planning to add 2 Ceiling for Atmos)
Marantz SR1603 + Sony UHD 4K Player + Marantz CD6006 + CA CXN V2 + PS4 + Xbox One + Fire Stick + Apple TV + Nvidia Shield

Lots of music in HD and Cd's. Want to have music setup with Bass effect and looking for a way to use the same speakers which I am using for my HT.

Sure...
Dali Zensor 7 (Front) + Zensor Vokal + Zensor 1(Surround) + SVS SB 1000 ( Planning to add 2 Ceiling for Atmos)
Marantz SR1603 + Sony UHD 4K Player + Marantz CD6006 + CA CXN V2 + PS4 + Xbox One + Fire Stick + Apple TV + Nvidia Shield

Lots of music in HD and Cd's. Want to have music setup with Bass effect and looking for a way to use the same speakers which I am using for my HT.
Browse thru this thread.
It may lead to a solution.

Cheers,
Raghu

Are you happy with the Dali Speakers ? From what I hear, they are pretty good for Music. All you need is a good Power amp like the marantz MM7025 connected to the Dali
I mentioned marantz since pre/power are best matched.

Can you show the present location of the Zensor 7 in the room diagram? Are you happy with them? They are good speakers.
You could get another pair of Zensor 1 and wall mount them for the HT and use the Z7 with a stereo amp in the same rack.
That's what I would have liked to do.
It all depends on the compromises one is willing to make between sound, aesthetics and convenience.
There's no right or wrong there. It's just individual preference and comfort level.

If you have CA CXN V2, why are using SR1603 for music. Based on the specs it looks like CXN V2 is much better pre-amp then SR1603. If you have access to US market, you can consider Outlaw M2200 mono-block for your music speakers. CXN V2 can be connected using the balanced output to M2200 and has 200w power. Also note the M2200 support 230v input.

Dear FM's,

I am planning to have a dedicated stereo setup in my living room. The sources will be my CD Player - Marantz CD6006 and CXN V2. Love to have that Bass Effect as well as the budget is 1.5 Lakhs. Kindly suggest --

1. Which FS Speakers will be great for Music Listening which I should audition before purchase ?
2. Power AMP ?
3. Finally should I also add a sub for music listening.

Kindly recommend......
get 10 F&D speaker tower speaker from flipkart.
IT will have more sound than one 1 lakh speaker set

I have Cxn V2 and CD 6006.
I'm driving my magnepen Mc 1, Pmc twenty 26 and Castle Knight 2 with crown xls 2502. Xls has a RCA and XLR input, I use it via XLR from Cxn v2.
I have SR 7010 Marantz with front preout , which is no match for the preamp function of Cxn v2, Marantz is good only when the Audessey is applied and subwoofer integration needs to be optimized. But I'm using the RCA output of Cxn V2 to subwoofer with equally good results. The tonality and imaging wise Cxn v2 is far better for music.

CD 6006 is bit on the brighter side which I use as a transport for Gungnir Multibit DAC or Cxn v2 via Coax connection. Gungnir Multibit DAC is way ahead of Cxn v2 if you just consider the DAC functionality.

I'd suggest you to invest max money for the speakers and you can get away with a economical PA power amp like Crown Xls. Look at Quad S5 and Castle Knight Avalon series as well. Buy Matching Speakers for your Room and Music Taste, Rest of the electronics can be matched with speakers. It's an uphill task to Match a Too Large / Too Small speakers for your Room or Too Bright /Too Warm Speakers for your Music tastes, avoid that if possible.

If you have CA CXN V2, why are using SR1603 for music. Based on the specs it looks like CXN V2 is much better pre-amp then SR1603. If you have access to US market, you can consider Outlaw M2200 mono-block for your music speakers. CXN V2 can be connected using the balanced output to M2200 and has 200w power. Also note the M2200 support 230v input.
I have the Outlaw M2200s. They do have the power to drive whatever speaker is thrown at them.
But I have always felt that they lack in finesse and nuance when it comes to music rendition.

Cheers,
Raghu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back