STEREO SETUP UNDER 100K

rishabhgkp

Hello!
I am looking to get a home setup 2 channel, first one, with budget of around 80k to 100k.
I have not had anything apart from my active swans speaker, and my portable IEM setup.
Narrowed it down to:
Marantz 5005 amp or Marantz 6006 amp/dac or Onkyo 9110/9010 or Nad 326 or Norge Audio amp.

Speakers: Not looking for too laidback sound.
Elac Debut 6.2, QA 3030i.

DAC: not sure.

Source would be MacBook.

Genre: Rock, Acoustics, and Jazz, and Bollywood.
Preference: Balanced sound, with good midrange and details, not too laidback.

Best

Marantz pm 6006 is a pretty good amp. As luck would have it, I just recieved my concept 20s today, which I hooked up.with my audiolab 6000a and 5005. They sound pretty good with the marantz and should also fit your budget. Maybe look at.monitor audio bronze series too. With your choice of marantzs and you requirement for 'not laid back' monitor audio might suit well.

PS - audio opinions are extremely subjective, I know you know that, but thought might put in the fine print here regardless ;).

I would spend 60-70 of the budget on the quality bookshelf speakers and the rest on a decent integrated amp. Speakers will contribute the most to your sound. Makes sense the spend the most there. Buy used speakers and you will get even more value for your money.

You can always buy a better amp and add things like a dac later if you are not happy with the sound.

I would pay a LOT of attention to room acoustics if you buy speakers that go low and if you plan to play at higher volumes since you mentioned rock. This can tend to cause boominess.

Also be aware of how many reflective surfaces like mirrors or a tile floor are present in your listening space. Too forward sounding speakers can sound fatiguing.

If you also want Spotify, Amazon Music and Tidal support then check the Denon DRA800H. Hifimart has a good deal on this. Contact them directly.

I just upgraded to this one from the Marantz PM6006.
I think the Marantz sounds is better then the Denon.

Marantz pm 6006 is a pretty good amp. As luck would have it, I just recieved my concept 20s today, which I hooked up.with my audiolab 6000a and 5005. They sound pretty good with the marantz and should also fit your budget. Maybe look at.monitor audio bronze series too. With your choice of marantzs and you requirement for 'not laid back' monitor audio might suit well.

PS - audio opinions are extremely subjective, I know you know that, but thought might put in the fine print here regardless ;).
Marantz pm6006 vs Audiolab 6000a which one sound better focus in bass?

I finally pulled the trigger on Emit M20, maybe they'll arrive in few days. Looking for Intrgrated Amp/pre-power amp to power these. Budget for the amp around 70k, open to pre owned stuff.
Keeping options:
Rega Brio
PM8006
Pre amp/Power amp (dont think they would come in the budget except for the DIY stuff, or maybe preowned budget combo)
Save money and get PM6006.

inputs are most welcome.

I finally pulled the trigger on Emit M20, maybe they'll arrive in few days. Looking for Intrgrated Amp/pre-power amp to power these. Budget for the amp around 70k, open to pre owned stuff.
Keeping options:
Rega Brio
PM8006
Pre amp/Power amp (dont think they would come in the budget except for the DIY stuff, or maybe preowned budget combo)

inputs are most welcome.
If you are ok with Roksan K2 Kandy pm me. Looking to sell mine.

Based in chennai

Keeping options:
Rega Brio
PM8006

inputs are most welcome.
How has Emit M20 served you?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back