Stereo Setup

Amateur_Audiophile

Please suggest a good stereo setup ( no subwoofer) for listening Indian music, mostly old hindi movie songs.
At max I can spend 3.5 to 4 lakhs.

I too was just checking out options in similar price range, you can have a look at QAcoustics Concept 300 & Dynaudio Special 40 too. ATC , Spendor and Harbeths also have offerings in that range but not checked out the models or reviews.

High efficiency speakers with warm and excellent midrange, with a tube amp will be good combination.
For old hindi songs you don't need heavy bass support both on the speaker and the amplifier side.
That will bring your cost down and will be more ejoyable as well.

Please suggest a good stereo setup ( no subwoofer) for listening Indian music, mostly old hindi movie songs.
High efficiency speakers with warm and excellent midrange, with a tube amp will be good combination.
For old hindi songs you don't need heavy bass support both on the speaker and the amplifier side.
That will bring your cost down and will be more ejoyable as well.
+1

Why don't you look at Lyrita Tube Amp + Speakers? Would be a great fit and you will be able to add a great DAC and Streamer in your budget.

I have AudioNote OTO PP for 1.75L ....Absolute stunner for Indian music..check reviews and get suggestions from other audiophiles. Let me know if you are interested.

For Indian Music and Old music , always go with a decent Tubeamp + full range drivers. You dont need a dynamic , powerful system ;Just a warm sounding decent power will get you to destiny.

For sure, dont go with High current amps or amps which have transparent signature, since the old songs are in below average quality the too much of detailing will kill listening.

If you are ok with Active speakers the Wireless versions with all in-built options like streaming and multiple input options, you should give them a demo. I'm really satisfied with my KEF LS50Wireless-2, though I have a subwoofer added to it, either way they sounded brilliant. I switched from a Naim Nait 5i + Dynaudio Emit M20. I think the KEF's served my purpose best, as my input was just the TV and my phone with all collection on it or all the wireless streaming services Apple music & Amazon Music and I didn't want too many components in the system, so kept it simple.

Regards

Doesn’t matter what amps or speakers you end up buying ,you won’t get that wow effect unless you invest in a good turntable and LPs for old hindi movie music. Source and source media matters the most.

Once you’ve done that , then go for a tube amp as many have suggested. Or a hybrid setup of tube pre and solid state power amp , to make the best of both worlds.

Speakers are best left to buyer auditioning as per budget ( Elac, Dynaudio, KEF , ATC , Harbeth, Quad, Spendor etc )

Last edited:
If you are ok with Active speakers the Wireless versions with all in-built options like streaming and multiple input options, you should give them a demo. I'm really satisfied with my KEF LS50Wireless-2, though I have a subwoofer added to it, either way they sounded brilliant. I switched from a Naim Nait 5i + Dynaudio Emit M20. I think the KEF's served my purpose best, as my input was just the TV and my phone with all collection on it or all the wireless streaming services Apple music & Amazon Music and I didn't want too many components in the system, so kept it simple.

Regards
NAIM and dyns good combo

Doesn’t matter what amps or speakers you end up buying ,you won’t get that wow effect unless you invest in a good turntable and LPs for old hindi movie music. Source and source media matters the most.

Once you’ve done that , then go for a tube amp as many have suggested. Or a hybrid setup of tube pre and solid state power amp , to make the best of both worlds.

Speakers are best left to buyer auditioning as per budget ( Elac, Dynaudio, KEF , ATC , Harbeth, Quad, Spendor etc )
Thanks, I am looking for same. turn table & AMP I will be buying from ebay UK. which will arrive in india by May, 22 via friends.

Thanks, I am looking for same. turn table & AMP I will be buying from ebay UK. which will arrive in india by May, 22 via friends.
Good choice for settling on TT as source. For your genre of music , it’s the only logical source.

What TT model and amp are you getting from UK ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back