Stereo Speakers - best wall mount solution under 600 EUR

chrisr34000

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for new speakers to use mainly (85%) for movies, but also sometimes for music. The source will be a Desktop with a X-Fi Music.

Because I don't have much free space in my room, I'd be happy with a 2.0 solution, where I don't need a subwoofer or a center. My room looks like this:

500x1000px-LL-824e3859_untitled_3776071.jpeg

The TV is drawn black, white and brown are some desks. To the left there is a window. As you can see, the geometry of the room is special and the only free space for standing speakers would be in the corners (the red dots - they would be 5 m apart, as the room is around 14 m^2 big).

So, perhaps a better route to go, would be with wall mounted speakers.

Therefore I am looking for

- active speakers or

- passive speakers+amp

for max. 600 EUR. Something with a great price/performance ratio would be awesome Smile.

What would you suggest? I'd prefer active monitors which work very well, even when they are placed 5 cm next to a wall. This way, I'd be able to skip the amp, but I'm not sure if passive bookshelf speakers would not sound better when placed near a wall. Is there any difference between active and passive (in this price range) in this regard?

Also, should I upgrade my X-Fi Music to an Asus Xonar? Would this bring any noticeable performance difference?

Thank you for your time and help, I appreciate it alot!

Chris

You could get a Cambridge Audio amp and Wharfedale Diamond speakers. They are a popular choice. I could also recommend Tannoy Mercury series.

Going the active route is a more sensible choice in this case. Tannoy has some great sounding powered monitors at entry level. I am sure they will keep you happy for several years.

Also you could check out eBay UK. There are deals on used professional powered monitors there quite often. You can get a pre-owned KRK Rockit with 7 or 8 inch woofer in that budget. They would be a great choice as well.

Welcome to HFV and all the best.

Restrict yourself to front ported speakers. And I would say only active speakers because generally passives will boom more.

And very few actives will get the job done without booming depending on the distance that you will maintain.

Consider Adam Audio studio monitors in your budget, those which are front ported.

Thank You

Aakshey

the kef q300 is a good option and in your budget. not sure if it is rear ported though. as techboy says you should try and avoid rear ported speakers unless its some distance away from the wall

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back