Stereo speakers to a smart TV

pksnathan

Friends,
Is it possible to connect old stereo speakers to a smartTV? TVs nowadays does not have provision to connect external speakers as in the older TVs and hence this doubt.I do not know much about electronics and I request our friends to kindly enlighten me in this aspect.Thank you
pksnathan

Friends,
Is it possible to connect old stereo speakers to a smartTV? TVs nowadays does not have provision to connect external speakers as in the older TVs and hence this doubt.I do not know much about electronics and I request our friends to kindly enlighten me in this aspect.Thank you
pksnathan
Use aux output of the TV if your speakers have such input

Friends,
pksnathan

First check what Outputs are available on the Smart TV...usually a 3.5mm earphone port is there. Most have Optical Out and few with RCA.

Then see Edifier or Swans or other brands of 2.0 or 2.1 speakers which have the desired input connections, review based on how much volume or output you need and based on budget, make the purchase.

It may make sense to add a sound bar. Again check connection feasibility and budget and provision (space) to install a sound bar.

All the best!

Friends,
pksnathan
https://photos.app.goo.gl/is9S7LHmMW1mtHk67

IMG_20210826_015413.jpg

My cousin had these old Aiwa passive stereo speakers which she wanted to connect to her TV.
Since she was not keen on stereo output, I used a small profile TPA3116 mono amp.
Took the 3.5mm output from TV to feed the amp.
Volume controlled from TV remote.

If your TV has any analogue audio output, you can take this route. If the output is optical, you will additionally need a basic DAC which you can buy from amazon for under 1k.

First check what Outputs are available on the Smart TV...usually a 3.5mm earphone port is there. Most have Optical Out and few with RCA.

Then see Edifier or Swans or other brands of 2.0 or 2.1 speakers which have the desired input connections, review based on how much volume or output you need and based on budget, make the purchase.

It may make sense to add a sound bar. Again check connection feasibility and budget and provision (space) to install a sound bar.

All the best!
T

All the best!
Thank you for your input.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/is9S7LHmMW1mtHk67

View attachment 63189

My cousin had these old Aiwa passive stereo speakers which she wanted to connect to her TV.
Since she was not keen on stereo output, I used a small profile TPA3116 mono amp.
Took the 3.5mm output from TV to feed the amp.
Volume controlled from TV remote.

If your TV has any analogue audio output, you can take this route. If the output is optical, you will additionally need a basic DAC which you can buy from amazon for under 1k.
Thank you for your suggestion.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back