Stockfisch claim of a vinyl sounding CD

There is a disclaimer at the end

Depending on the quality of your D/A converter, you will experience a new listening pleasure when comparing our "DMM-CD/SACD" with a correspondingly pressed vinyl record. Certainly it will be an emotional decision

Depending on the quality of your D/A converter, you will experience a new listening pleasure when comparing our "DMM-CD/SACD" with a correspondingly pressed vinyl record. Certainly it will be an emotional decision

Thats a bit of a 'catch all' bucket isn't it??? :p

Yeah, I did see that. The video ends a little differently, though.
It says:
"Depending on the quality of your D/A converter, you will encounter a new listening pleasure when comparing the combined DMM-CD/SACD technology with an identical pressed vinyl record. We guarantee it will be an unforgettable experience."

But will it be worth the 25?
Well, who knows, it just might be the Holy Grail???

What do you get when you cross a marketing man with a cow?

Sadly, just the cow's rear end, and everyone knows what comes out of that.

A more serious thought: why the hell can't these people get out of their heads that vinyl is the ultimate aim of all audio? I wonder if any of them ever listened to any live, acoustic music.

Last edited:
What do you get when you cross a marketing man with a cow?

Sadly, just the cow's rear end, and everyone knows what comes out of that.

"The ilk of the cow is bovine; One end to moo, and the other to milch" - with apologies to Ogden Nash

What is the similarity between the horns of a bull and marketing?

Both have a point here. And a point there. And lots of bull in between.

It is nothing but marketing BS. Because there is a market for everything.
Vinyl lovers love vinyl probably for the so called disadvantages Stockfisch claims to overcome (one of the reasons). Why tobacco-less or electric cigarettes do not sell much? You remove the agents causing bad effects and it is no longer enjoyed by smokers. [ Please take my analogy with a grain of salt.;) ] I so wonder if there can be a replacement for Vinyl.

However, on second thought I have wondered why another native format of analog playback was not developed after cassette and vinyl?

I have wondered why another native format of analog playback was not developed after cassette and vinyl?

Ultimately, the suppliers control what we buy. They not only steer us with the marketing, but, in the end, if there is no choice in medium, we have to buy what is there. One way or another, we mostly got shifted from LP to CD. From analogue to digital. Who then would have put resources into developing a new generation/technique of analogue media? The SALP would never have happened, let alone anything completely different to a black plastic disk tracked by a stylus (unless you can afford to play them by laser, but even that is still the same disc).

The arguably better analogue medium, reel-to-reel tape, was there all along --- but I don't recall there being enough distribution/sale of music on reel to reel. It's also a terrible pain to have to go through several minutes of rewind/fast-forward, and still not get the exact point needed.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back