Storage of bluray/4K bluray disks

selvaa_pr

Hi Friends,

I have some collection of bluray/4k bluray disks in my movie collections. I am having hard time in maintaining them esp. in Chennai's moisture/temperature condition. Inside the cover, I am seeing some kind of condensed moisture which kind of creating a layer on the disk and damaging them. Any ideas for better storage for longer shelf life?

I could see some basic transparent cover bags in US amazon, but they are not available in India. Any comments?

Silica Gel - placing 2 to 3 pack in each movie box for Chennai's extremes should help.

Nice thread is started by @selvaa_pr /
My dealer gave me Silica Gel to put around av receiver and speakers to avoid moisture.
I can see amazon.in is selling Silica Gel.
Please if anybody has order it let me know.
I want to buy good quality Silica Gel.

Hmm..good idea. Let me do that. Until now, I used to dedicate a day once in 6 months and inspect them, clean and store again. Now, as you people suggested, during every inspection, I need to check and change the silica gel packing.

Also, when it come to stacking and showcasing, in US sites/stores they have so many cheap media storage racks. But, here, I think we have to take only DIY route.

One more ask here. When I refer to various forums in US, they rip the disks into NAS for their HT playlist. When i asked how they do it legally, their answers were.. "As long as you keep original disk and copy and copy not shared to anyone, its legal". But, not sure how much its true. Disks are protected through copy protection techniques mainly to prevent copying. If we break it, isn't that a copyright violation?? Any idea.

I have about 100+ movies, documentaries in bluray and 4k bluray disk and some collection of DVDs too. I want to copy them to NAS and use a media player of my UHD BP to play the same.

I do have more than 200 Bluray movies disk with me and I am facing similar problem. Last week, I just pull out to play Madmax Furry Road after long time and what I notice was that the disk was not playing smoothly. I removed the disk and checked and found small fungus like thing on the disk surface. Earlier with DVD same thing happened and I used to clean it with spectacles glass cleaning solution . Now I am also in same position and want a solution.....

(1). As long as you have paid for and have the original disk, you can make as many copies as you want for your own use. That is completely legal.

(2). I am surprised you have fungus and other issues in Chennai. I have a fairly large collection, and, I live next to the beach. I have not see any fungus whatsoever. Strange.

(1). As long as you have paid for and have the original disk, you can make as many copies as you want for your own use. That is completely legal.

(2). I am surprised you have fungus and other issues in Chennai. I have a fairly large collection, and, I live next to the beach. I have not see any fungus whatsoever. Strange.
Thanks on the first point of confirmation Venkat.

On the 2nd part of ur response, how you store them? Wooden cup board? Media rack?

I know I'm late, but I too have never found any fungus or even moisture on any of my discs.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back