Stream Music Direct To Your Brain: Elon Musk

dazzwilliams

Time to start saving up guys ;)

His latest start-up, Neuralink, which has received more than $158 million in funding, is far more intimate than outer-space passenger travel. It's developing a brain-computer interface that allegedly has a slew of game-changing benefits, including the ability to stream music straight into your brain.

He also confirmed that the mysterious technology would let users 'listen to music directly from our chips'. How on Earth would that actually work? Well, at a 2019 event, Musk very briefly mentioned it would be 'sewing machine-like' device connected directly between a computer and a chip inserted within the brain.

To get it fitted, one would go through a similar process to laser eye surgery. It would involve a 'neurosurgical robot' that would fit flexible 'threads' inside the brain. Also, according to a 2019 research paper, 'full-bandwidth data streaming' will be provided via a USB-C cable.

This seems to be a dangerous news rather than exciting. If fruitful the technology will be used far less for music than other sinister motives.

Elon may have good intentions but it would be difficult for people to trust such technology.

Time to start saving up guys ;)
As long as it doesn't display "Now Playing" on my Forehead, I'm all up for it. Especially if this can Stop us from being a Couch Potato in a Cable Jungle:D
BTW Elon Needs to indulge with outrageous claims now and then for the prospects of his company, it wasn't long ago that he offered to repair a space satellite and was snubbed AFAIK.

This seems to be a dangerous news rather than exciting. If fruitful the technology will be used far less for music than other sinister motives.

Elon may have good intentions but it would be difficult for people to trust such technology.

Technology in itself is always agnostic. It’s what we put it to use to that matters. As the article says, the technology has great promise for patients with Parkinson’s etc. As human mind gets sharper, it’s impossible to stop/regulate the progress of technology. That’s why humanities and social sciences need to keep up to maintain the balance.

Technology in itself is always agnostic.

That's what I am saying. I am not afraid of technologies. I am afraid of minds that are going to use it.

Dynamite was supposed mo make mining easier, We see what happens..
TV/Internet were to be educational, We see what happens..
Nuclear energy was to be an energy boon, We see what happens..
SM was to bring us closer, Let us communicate, spread awareness better, We see what happens..
So on and so forth.....

He may be trying a Steve Jobs thing :”people don’t know what they want or need, so I am going to give them...”
Jobs as is well known did bring together existing tech together while focusing on user experience (and masterful marketing) and changed society and human culture forever.

Brain implants for treatment of some rare neurological conditions are not in the realm of science fiction anymore, cardiac implants are common place for pacemaking and conduction disorders and in Sweden (or a Scandinavian country, chips with ID and medical history are being voluntarily implanted for more efficient emergency care. Pets in affluent societies are routinely implanted with ID tags (RF?)

we all need to be concerned about giving up control to “big brothers” with noble sounding ideals, slick self promotion skills and sinister intentions,

Seeing how meekly we seem to have surrendered our online privacy rights in return for fantastic communication and personal entertainment experiences I do wonder....

If our personal browsing history, location history, banking and other data is the new “gold”,..... then our brain signals, thoughts and decision making data would be.....?( picture a dictator rubbing his hands in delight)

pink Floyd alluded to thought control in their double album “the wall” and, Education is online already ...

The stage is set for high res streaming direct to our brains; I need to quickly buy shares in Elin Musks company!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back