Streaming device vs inbuilt tv streaming apps

girishtd8262

Is there any difference in audio and video quality of dedicated streaming device live appletv 4k/nvidia shield vs inbuilt tv streaming apps.
I have Sony oled A8G ,now using inbuilt apps.will adding streamer improves the experience

Depends on the app. My experience is with the Sony x900h and LG C7 OLED. For Netflix, the onboard apps are quite good. For Amazon, the Firestick 4k was a bit better - particularly for more content being available in HDR.

NVIDIA is supposed to have an excellent upscaling engine. That may create a difference vs in TV upscaling for 1080p content

^as pointed out, it tends to vary, I have an apple hd and you sort of get something more with certain apps, like say for netflix, you get a preview video which kind of enhances the experience. But its not a blanket statement. It tends to vary, the kind of support a dev gives natively to the platform.

Is there any difference in audio and video quality of dedicated streaming device live appletv 4k/nvidia shield vs inbuilt tv streaming apps.
I have Sony oled A8G ,now using inbuilt apps.will adding streamer improves the experience
As already answered by other FMs, it's highly dependent on App to App. Netflix is pretty good across the platforms whereas Prime Video/Hotstar (4K/HDR) shines in FireStick 4K.

Hello everyone,

Sorry to divert from the topic. Is Voot & Eros Now available in Dolby 5.1? AFAIK, Amazon prime, Netflix, Hotstar, Apple+ are the only services providing 5.1 audio. Right?

Not sure about Sony (which anyway is supposed to have some of the best signal processing) but on my LG the picture quality of native apps were far superior to firestick 4k. With Apple Tv the differences were less, but the cost of atv to me does not make sense in a world of smart TVs anymore

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back