• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Streaming to XBMC via NAS

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

rishi.s

Hi All,

Newbie alert!

I have a jail broken atv2 that can be installed with Firecore/XBMC. Was wondering if I can stream all the media I have on USB hdds (movies, music) to it via some kind of a NAS device such as this:

Lan Storage Device: Share USB HDD & Printers on Network, FTP Server NAS Device | eBay

I have an airtel router. So can I just connect this to it via a LAN cable and expect the atv2 to be able to access it?

If this doesn't work, will have to invest in a dedicated HTPC as I can't keep my laptop on all the time.

vaibhavyagnik

SAMBA and NFS sharing are no where mentioned on the product link. However i think they should be possible too. I havent got a apple tv or have no experience using it, but based on the information at hand, i think it should be possible to mount FTP shares of this lan storage device on to XBMC loaded on ATV2
EDIT:
Will Require medium to advanced knowledge of networking and file sharing protocols.