Streaming vs Ownership of music

frnd08

What do you think is the more useful of the two? Streaming or ownership? We in India don't really have that many options when it comes to streaming, but Saavn and Gaana (and of course Grooveshark) have really opened up the market. I believe in the US, Rhapsody, Spotify etc. have been pretty successful. And of course, with flipkart's flyte, the mp3 ownership has come to the fore as well.

But is buying/downloading mp3s a thing of the past now?

Would love to hear some opinions on this.

I preferred streaming till the time worldspace was active in India. After I lost my money that I had invested in the receiver (Sanyo), Yagi antenna, coaxial cable, Optical cable and the subscription, I lost faith in paying for streaming.

Now I 'pay' for owning the flac files that I want to hear. I'll never pay for mp3.
For streaming I like the 'free' internet radio stations.

I preferred streaming till the time worldspace was active in India. After I lost my money that I had invested in the receiver (Sanyo), Yagi antenna, coaxial cable, Optical cable and the subscription, I lost faith in paying for streaming.

Now I 'pay' for owning the flac files that I want to hear. I'll never pay for mp3.
For streaming I like the 'free' internet radio stations.

How do u pay to own FLAC files? Does any store offer it?

Streaming may win when internet bandwidth is as free as radio waves, which will be...

...Oh, right, ok, never!

If you want to play a song more than once, best to "own" it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back