Street price of the Sony Oled A8F??

You can wait max till Diwali, Nov 7. If the price hasn't gone down by then, then it will only go down near the end of their old stock, maybe before March-end.

Rs.2.90 lacs may become possible for the 65inch. Also keep an eye on Amz and FK during Diwali.

My problem is the major price difference between the 55in and 65in models. Twice the price for 10 inch difference. If you can live with it, then 55in for around Rs.1.60 lacs would be a good deal. Prices will be going down and you can upgrade to 65in in 2 years. By then the tech will also have improved and hopefully Sony will have dropped the idea of the slanting stand.
Don't calculate this way..
Check the total area. :)
65 inch is worth the money.
4k on 55 inch is not useful unless one sits pretty close to it.. Maybe less than 6 feet.

Don't calculate this way..
Check the total area. :)

I didn't mean 10 inch size difference literally. I meant that the price difference between the two immediate sizes shouldn't be this high. The screen area isn't twice as much to warrant a twice difference in price.

At discounted prices, Sony is asking for 80% more in price for a 34% increase in screen area when you go for a 10 inch higher screen from 55 inch to 65 inch. For any TV, I always recommend going for the biggest screen size that you can afford. But my point here is that it is not very cost effective for those who are on a budget, specially when OLED and QLED tech is still too costly.

Thanks for bringing it up though. I have created another thread to share the formula for comparing the screen area differences for those who want to know how big their new TV will be compared to their present TV or how much is the price difference for a bigger size.

Aren't there any screen burn issues with oled TVs ?

I think the benefit of the beauty of OLED outweighs the risks which are not that high in newer 2018 OLED models. All reviewers have stated that while there is a risk, it will not affect regular TV users but those who are gaming for hours with the same screen or using it as a PC. For them LED-LCD or QLED-LCD would be better.

Few years back same situation is for plasma.but I am using it since last 6 years . believe me my basic model is much better than most of the 4k models in the market also no burnin observed...

Few years back same situation is for plasma.but I am using it since last 6 years . believe me my basic model is much better than most of the 4k models in the market also no burnin observed...
Yeah even I got Panasonic plasma for my dad xt50d I guess.( 5 years back.)
Looks awesome even now.
Won't upgrade unless it stops working.
I always ask him to remove the tata sky yellow message logo which caused screen burn in my brother-in-law's TV as he was unaware of this issue.
He got Samsung p5100 on my suggestion.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back