Sub under 1 lakh

gururanga

I need a sub for me devialet 120. It does not have pre-out, so I need to buy a pre-out board or use speaker out and parallel with my Kef LS-50.

Need suggestion on using sub without pre-out and also which would be best sub under 1 lakh

please sugget

13 by 14, it is not very big. I will not be able to use Floor stander as it would be difficult to position the speakers effectively.

Wanted to sub, to compliment bookshelf speakers

58831ggF4fjvp2Bu9

With a budget of 1 lakh & if its only for music then IMO you should be looking at SVS SB13/16-Ultra Sealed Subwoofer.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

With a budget of 1 lakh & if its only for music then IMO you should be looking at SVS SB13/16-Ultra Sealed Subwoofer.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

SVS is around $2500, it is out of my budget, but where can buy in India?

LS50 sounds amazing with Devialet 120, the SAM make it even better. You are most welcome when you are in Bangalore.

I use headphones Hifiman HE-6 and even HD-800 directly out of speaker tabs, for me HE-6 is best HP out there, only bettered by Stax SR-009.

Driving both speakers and headphone, Devialet is real value for money. It is all-in-one, Dac, Preamp, amp, phono stage

most subs have a large profile and so i would suggest you look at a pair of REL T-Zero's

small and sealed subwoofers and the advantage is you can buy 2 ( 1 for each channel ). They have a 6 inch driver and that should be good to give support to the LS50 but not overwhelm the room ( either by size or sound ).

I use a semi DiY sealed sub with a Dayton RS series driver and a Hypex Ds4 plate amp. My front speakers are standmounts too but my room is larger.

have fun..

regards

FM Sameer Kumar of Hyderabad had a pair of subs with his Line Magnetic single drivers. I can't remember the brand but they were integrating very well. Might be be somewhat higher than your budget. For a pair, that is.

Some collection of cans there [emoji122]

Last edited:
If you are not planning any bass management using traps / software and such, try 2 subs instead of one. It smoothens out bass nodes and makes the bass more detailed and clean.

In the absence of careful bass management, 2 mid level subs is always better than one expensive huge sub.

SVS is around $2500, it is out of my budget, but where can buy in India?

SVS 13 ultra & SVS 2000 seriers should be within your budget, however you can check with HTStore bangalore for the best price. Other options are Velodyne Wi-Q 12" (HTStore) or DSW PRO 660wi (ProFX bangalore) both are Wireless Subwoofers.

One other brand which you can take a look at is Sunfire HRS series heard these are equally good once when compared to SVS / Velodyne. However not sure who deal with these in bangalore.

Cheers,
Binu

I need a sub for me devialet 120. It does not have pre-out, so I need to buy a pre-out board or use speaker out and parallel with my Kef LS-50.

Need suggestion on using sub without pre-out and also which would be best sub under 1 lakh

please sugget

are you looking for new only or pre owned also will do?

have a velodyne SPL-1200 ultra BGE subwoofer. Send me pm if you are interested, thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back