Sub-woofer & Center Channel Suggestion

mmail552000

Hi
am thinking of getting a BIC F12 Sub, Room Size 17ft x 13ft ...( 10ft Height)

and for center Boston Acoustics CS 225C II or Mission MXC1

will the f12 be enough , am having Elac FS58 as front and Q Acoustics - 3020 as surround

Regards

Why not an Elac Center channel speaker from the same series? Ideally you want the front 3 speakers to have the same sonic signature. Else the tonal balance does not appear seamless.

Why not an Elac Center channel speaker from the same series? Ideally you want the front 3 speakers to have the same sonic signature. Else the tonal balance does not appear seamless.
What do you think about the sub woffer

12" inch (ported) is decent for that room size, provided that there are no open passages. I have 12" velodyne not bic, but it is good. For proper rumble you may want to add two along diagonal, but it is not necessary.
For centre channel, are you using with tv or projector? If for projector with ATS screen, it is better to get the same speaker as the front mains. Most Center channel designs are not optimized for off axis viewers. If using tv and therefore need horizontal placement, go for elac from the same series

Hi
am thinking of getting a BIC F12 Sub, Room Size 17ft x 13ft ...( 10ft Height)

and for center Boston Acoustics CS 225C II or Mission MXC1

will the f12 be enough , am having Elac FS58 as front and Q Acoustics - 3020 as surround

Regards

As other FM mentioned, best to match atleast center with fronts.. But if you are not able to source the same, you can look for other center channel..

Always prefer the center speakers from same series of front speakers, for sub you may go as per your liking
Guys
My front Floor Standers are not being manufactured any more, so is the matching center channel speaker
i out to find the Center channel speaker ie the ELAC cc241 ,but the guy is asking premium 40K,

can i buy the ELAC Debut C5 instead which would cost me 18K brand New or other brand

Guys
My front Floor Standers are not being manufactured any more, so is the matching center channel speaker
i out to find the Center channel speaker ie the ELAC cc241 ,but the guy is asking premium 40K,

can i buy the ELAC Debut C5 instead which would cost me 18K brand New or other brand

40K is way expensive for a center channel.. ELAC Debut C5 looks a good option..

(or) consider a 3-way center channel - https://emotiva.com/products/airmotiv-c1.. Price is between 20 ~ 25K, heard from a local FM..

What receiver are you using currently? Do you have surrounds yet? You may want to read up this article. https://www.cnet.com/news/attention...twice-before-buying-a-center-channel-speaker/

The debut series is a completely different speaker with a dome tweeter, where else the Elac floor standers have ribbons for tweeters. Different woofers too.

I use the Yamaha Rx-v681
  • ELAC FS58 Front Speakers
  • Q Acoustics - 3020 Surround Speakers
Or I could Ditch the center ((" article. https://www.cnet.com/news/attention...twice-before-buying-a-center-channel-speaker/"))

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back