Sub Woofer Hum sound

vadiraj

Hi All,

Need some help. I have a Martin Logan Dynamo 300 sub woofer. Its connected to a 110V step-down transformer. I am getting a HUM noise when I turn on the SW. Tried multiple options to isolate its power supply, different sources etc..Nothing is helping.

Can someone help please. I am suspecting some capacitors may have gone bad. Is there some one knowledgeable whom I can take this to in Bangalore. I stay in Banashankari III Stage but can take this anywhere in Bangalore.

Appreciate all your help.

Best Regards,
Vadiraj

Hi All,

Need some help. I have a Martin Logan Dynamo 300 sub woofer. Its connected to a 110V step-down transformer. I am getting a HUM noise when I turn on the SW. Tried multiple options to isolate its power supply, different sources etc..Nothing is helping.

Can someone help please. I am suspecting some capacitors may have gone bad. Is there some one knowledgeable whom I can take this to in Bangalore. I stay in Banashankari III Stage but can take this anywhere in Bangalore.

Best Regards,
Vadiraj
Check if earth wire really function in your audio room

Hi All,

Best Regards,
Vadiraj
It could be a ground loop(if the hum started recently) or a problem with the stepdown (if the hum always was present). In the past when I used a sub with a stepdown I used to get a hum when using a particular brand of stepdown that went away when I moved to another brand.

It could be a ground loop(if the hum started recently) or a problem with the stepdown (if the hum always was present). In the past when I used a sub with a stepdown I used to get a hum when using a particular brand of stepdown that went away when I moved to another brand.
Ok..good point. I have another brand step down, will try.
Thanks for sharing..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back