Sub-woofer Response

king2163

Which sub-woofer has good frequency response?

1- lowest frequency response 32 hz (at -6db)
2- lowest frequency response 27 hz (at -3db)

I want to know here about db. how it effect frequency response. Am I missing something here?

Which sub-woofer has good frequency response?

1- lowest frequency response 32 hz (at -6db)
2- lowest frequency response 27 hz (at -3db)

I want to know here about db. how it effect frequency response. Am I missing something here?

Hz is a measure of sound frequency while db is a measure of spl(sound pressure level) or loudness in layman terms.

Within your options it is clear that the Subwoofer with 27Hz extension goes deeper and plays audibly louder at lower passages of bass.
Nonetheless the said specs cannot help in making a decisive decision on which has a better frequency response.
It is possible that the option one although has a poorer lowest frequency response at 32hz, the overall output could be more even at say 27hz owing to the power handling of the woofer.

Hz is a measure of sound frequency while db is a measure of spl(sound pressure level) or loudness in layman terms.

Within your options it is clear that the Subwoofer with 27Hz extension goes deeper and plays audibly louder at lower passages of bass.
Nonetheless the said specs cannot help in making a decisive decision on which has a better frequency response.
It is possible that the option one although has a poorer lowest frequency response at 32hz, the overall output could be more even at say 27hz owing to the power handling of the woofer.

if first option has 300 watt rms amp with passive radiator sealed, and second one has 150 watt rms amp (ported design). which one you choose.

if first option has 300 watt rms amp with passive radiator sealed, and second one has 150 watt rms amp (ported design). which one you choose.
Do these Subwoofer have names, models? If you share them it will help us help you make informed decision.
But anyhow on the looks of it, I might go for the 300 rms because the second option may have a better frequency curve but anyhow the first option may play still louder at even say 27hz with overall a better bass experience, with lesser distortion at similar output.

Last edited:
The specs simply mean that they will have an amplitude response which is 6 dB (3 dB) below its peak value at 32 Hz (27 Hz). At its peak value it presumably has a flat amplitude response till the upper frequency roll off frequency. The latter has a deeper and flatter response. But it doesn't tell us how loud is the SPL of the peak amplitudes of each. Nor does it tell us anything about subjective things like which one will sound "tighter" or more "textured", etc.

First one is cambridge subwoofer minx x300

Today I received subwoofer. left side bottom is pic of subwoofer along with dali zensor 3 and dali zensor vocal. I know carton behind tv doesn't look good. I have just shifted the house. still fixing the things. subwoofer Sound is fantastic, I just played approx 30 minutes. very tight heart thumping bass.

Room acoustic is not good. i am feeling echoing of sound.
can anybody tell me about good frequency and phase setting for this subwoofer?

what would be avr setting for this sub.

I have now two issues with this sub.

1- my window is started vibrating even on medium sound which is annoying for me.
2- subwoofer started crawling itself on 75%volume. do i need to put some weight over it. i just put it over wood and will check it morning. it has passive radiator on bottom and hope it will not move automatically. may be wood will soak it's bass.

it's weight is 7.5 kg.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 46
Today I received subwoofer. left side bottom is pic of subwoofer along with dali zensor 3 and dali zensor vocal. I know carton behind tv doesn't look good. I have just shifted the house. still fixing the things. subwoofer Sound is fantastic, I just played approx 30 minutes. very tight heart thumping bass.

Room acoustic is not good. i am feeling echoing of sound.
can anybody tell me about good frequency and phase setting for this subwoofer?

what would be avr setting for this sub.

I have now two issues with this sub.

1- my window is started vibrating even on medium sound which is annoying for me.
2- subwoofer started crawling itself on 75%volume. do i need to put some weight over it. i just put it over wood and will check it morning. it has passive radiator on bottom and hope it will not move automatically. may be wood will soak it's bass.

it's weight is 7.5 kg.
Put it on the floor. Look up some subwoofer crawl info/videos and find the correct place for the subwoofer.

Put it on the floor. Look up some subwoofer crawl info/videos and find the correct place for the subwoofer.
I dont have any problem it's sound qualty. Problem is it walk itself on floor. So after some time it's position will change It seems funny.

I think he means, the subwoofer physically moves around on the floor.

You could try keeping it on a carpet?
Are you serious? That is absurd. I have never seen a subwoofer move around while being played. o_O

I dont have any problem it's sound qualty. Problem is it walk itself on floor. So after some time it's position will change It seems funny.
Just keep it on a mat or carpet, it will stop the moving of subwoofer. the moving because of its pointed spike.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back