subwoofer from these companies???

manu4panjab

hello brothers

how many of my brothers in this site has subwoofers from svs,hsu and velodyne also pictures please if possible

also tell me the price and their experience from older subwoofer to these i mean do you guys have heard or feel any difference when you purchase these subwoofers upgrade from older ones

i'm waiting :)

Well I have and am using th Hsu VTF2 Mark 3. For pictures visit HSU VTF-2 MK 3 Subwoofer. I am too lazy now to photograph my sub and post pictures.

I have never used other subs, though I have heard subs from Epos, Velodyne, Canton, Q-A, Wharfedale and Meridian. Meridian is in a different class, but I am happy with my sub as compared to the others I have mentioned. I don't remember, but I think I picked up the Hsu fro about 20,000 from Singapore. Not available there any more.

Cheers

was it used or brand new at this cost?

regards

Well I have and am using th Hsu VTF2 Mark 3. For pictures visit HSU VTF-2 MK 3 Subwoofer. I am too lazy now to photograph my sub and post pictures.

I have never used other subs, though I have heard subs from Epos, Velodyne, Canton, Q-A, Wharfedale and Meridian. Meridian is in a different class, but I am happy with my sub as compared to the others I have mentioned. I don't remember, but I think I picked up the Hsu fro about 20,000 from Singapore. Not available there any more.

Cheers

I have HSU STF-2. This is a very natural sounding subwoofer they are fast and will blend with music very well. It's impossible to find the location of the sub during blind testing though this is a natural phenomenon of any good sub, HSU does it very well. But manu from your previous threads i have found that you are expecting lot of thump from the sub if i'm right then you should not consider HSU because hsu is of different league they will not boom unless it's in the recording. It all depends on your perspective. If you expect your movie or music to be more natural then HSU or Axiom will be a great choice. I'll suggest Velodyne for you. Good Luck.:p

Cheers

Wow, now thats what I call a deal, for 20k.
Their current price in US is about 610 $, comes to around 30k. I got a quote of around 57k including shipping and customs from HSU. 20north gave me a quote of around 50k for this.
Did u get it to india yourself. Currently most of the airlines allow 2 bags of 50 pounds each as check in luggage. this sub is like 80 pounds and most of them will charge u extra money, which probably will exceed the cost of the sub itself. I heard they charge like 30$ per kilo or some crazy amount like that. So getting a sub myself or thru a friend is practically ruled out, unless its a really small sub, which defeats the whole point of getting a kick ass sub.

manu,

I will agree with madushankar but will add that any sub can sound boomy based on your room and placement of a subwoofer. Most of the time subwoofer booms due to lower frequency trapping in the corner and accentuating the bass few decibels more then usual and also corner placement helps bass to go lower. secondly, most of the bass you hear is in the upper band i.e. above 25hz to 60 hz. this is where it becomes the loudest (depending on the sub ofcourse but mostly is the case) and looking at movies also there are lot of them especially hindi with above 20hz bass. I would also look at the money you are ready tyo spend as most of the below 20hz subs cost fortune but hey worth it believe me.

my advice would be to invest in 1 good subwoofer first instead of going for more and more and when i say good subwoofer I mean to say that can go below 20hz with less then .8 distortion(that trouser flapping feeling) and have atleast 1000 RMS e.g. REVEl performa 15a, Jl audio f112 or f113, HSU turbo, SVS PB13U, you will find most of them are not easily available in india except i would imagine Revel (if you can get one you will forget about the ones you currently have).

kind regards,

Swatantra

manu,

I will agree with madushankar but will add that any sub can sound boomy based on your room and placement of a subwoofer. Most of the time subwoofer booms due to lower frequency trapping in the corner and accentuating the bass few decibels more then usual and also corner placement helps bass to go lower. secondly, most of the bass you hear is in the upper band i.e. above 25hz to 60 hz. this is where it becomes the loudest (depending on the sub ofcourse but mostly is the case) and looking at movies also there are lot of them especially hindi with above 20hz bass. I would also look at the money you are ready tyo spend as most of the below 20hz subs cost fortune but hey worth it believe me.

my advice would be to invest in 1 good subwoofer first instead of going for more and more and when i say good subwoofer I mean to say that can go below 20hz with less then .8 distortion(that trouser flapping feeling) and have atleast 1000 RMS e.g. REVEl performa 15a, Jl audio f112 or f113, HSU turbo, SVS PB13U, you will find most of them are not easily available in india except i would imagine Revel (if you can get one you will forget about the ones you currently have).

kind regards,

Swatantra

thank you bro

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back