Subwoofer gain issues

Love4sound

Dear FM’s

I am having issues setting up the gain while calibrating dual subs. Please see the screenshot. Audysey always sets it at +values and highest value it sets is -2.0. While running audysey also it shows gain very low and asks me to increase the gain. Issue for sure is with mini dsp in the chain. Only after eq using mini dsp the gain seems to be very low for the sub. Before eq each subs are are gain and level matched to be 75-78db with the sub trim in avr kept at -9db so I should have enough headroom post audyssey. After creating a house curve both subs read 72-75 dB. Now after eq and applying house curve when I run Audysey at the beginning it shows that sub gain is very low. Now with the same gain knob position if I connect the subs directly to avr and run audysey it shows that the gain is very high and asks me to reduce the gain for sub. What is wrong here please advice. Even if I keep the sub at 12’O clock audysey sets gain to be at -0.2. At 12’O clock the sub is actually very loud and I measured it to be 90-95db.

EF1BD59D-5350-48A9-9412-5099612530AA.jpeg

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back