Subwoofer - Monitor Audio, Polk, or Klipsch

I auditioned MA RS W12. I could find the "sofa shaking" action in this sub - the sub really shook the room, but when it came to music, I could not find (in my opinion) that tuneful bass or depth I was hoping for, while kick drums in techno music were fast and tight. Perhaps, MA RS W12 is more of a HT sub than a musical one. It could be also that I was using a Pioneer AV receiver for music audition. Whatever, I guess MA sub if off my list now. But HT alone, this sub kicks right into your guts.

I talked to Audire, Coimbatore, and they have HSU subs in stock. They also ship HSU subs via road to Bangalore. I was fearing that HSU subs would cost the sky in India, but their flagship VTF subs cost 55k+

REL is available with Absolute Phase, Bangalore, But unfortunately, AP did not have the entry level T-series in stock for me to audition them.

Now I guess it's between REL and HSU. Any of them will be an excellent buy, and their prices are comparable. Unfortunately, again they are not available for auditioning in Bangalore. :-(

So, I will turn to this community for advice again - which one of the two: REL T-series, or the HSU VTK series would be a better buy? Perhaps, it will be close, but would still like to see people's views.

Thanks

-Nagaraj

Well i recently purchased a Klipsch SW-450 model which is the replacement of the earlier Klipsch sub-10 made by Klipsch. I cannot be happier, its absolute bang for buck. i got it for around 28K. At 40% volume itself its very loud and can shake every thing. I can say its better than the polk subs i auditioned, and think its a very good sub within 30K. I will try to post a detail review of the same.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back