Subwoofer replacement b/w 610xp vs svs pb 1000 vs rel

Matt black, of course :)
I actually called their office in Sweden and had a very nice conversation with a gentleman there. Very friendly and helpful.
The low pass switch function you talked about in the thread you linked to was one of the things we discussed actually :)
He also gave some nice input on how to optimally set it up to my liking.
Yeah its a great sub and not a lot of sub offers the power and features at its price point. 3-4 week wait is going to be hard hahaha

Ordered the 10.17 Edge with a nice discount. The 12 would probably have suited me even better but have to keep the wife a bit happy as well and not go too big. Unfortunately there is about a 3-4 week wait before they can deliver.

Oh wow, congratulations. A lot of good reviews for this Sub. When is it due to arrive?

Matt black, of course :)
I actually called their office in Sweden and had a very nice conversation with a gentleman there. Very friendly and helpful.
The low pass switch function you talked about in the thread you linked to was one of the things we discussed actually :)
He also gave some nice input on how to optimally set it up to my liking.

That's Great. Do post pics and brief initial impressions of the Sub. I would also love to know the input provided on setting it up. Good Luck.

MaSh

Oh wow, congratulations. A lot of good reviews for this Sub. When is it due to arrive?
They apparently have a very small warehouse and often sell out. Next batch coming in 3 weeks and then about a week later I should have it at home. I could actually have ordered from another reseller and gotten it way earlier but got a better price and better return conditions this way.

I would also love to know the input provided on setting it up.
Things I'm sure most of you guys around here take for granted :). But, I will let my amp do an automatic setup initially and for this he recommended to put the gain at about 9 o clock (so quarter power). This is to ensure the amp doesnt think the output level is too high on the sub and sends a very weak signal to lower it. Better get a strong signal and adjust level on the sub. He also recommended to check in amp settings that level output to sub is at least not in negative value, preferably a little bit on the plus side. Everything to avoid risk of distortion.
We also spoke about the low pass switch. I will use the LFE input and the amp will decide the crossover point. But as I will use it together with satellite speakers the sub will go close to the frequencies where you could in theory also hear mumbles from low freq voices from the sub and that you dont want. The low pass switch could then be activated and put at about 100hz (or lower) to avoid this. But my satellites only reaches 95hz and I guess I need a little bit of overlap so this might be tricky to get right for me. Guess I cant expect a perfect system from limited surround speakers (next step might have to be new front and center speakers). He also spoke about risk of leakage of higher frequencies getting to the sub and then the low pass switch could also be very beneficial. I dont really expect any of these things to be a problem for me though.
For the parametric equalizer he recommended to give him a call once I got the sub in place and he could assists if needed.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back