subwoofer shipping suggestion

Shanmugam

I am planning to ship velodyne 10inch subwoofer through bluedart. I don’t have the original box.

will this packing material withstand the shipping ?

Attachments

• 9B6C3FC3-21F5-4E47-92CA-0EAF395800EA.jpeg
    9B6C3FC3-21F5-4E47-92CA-0EAF395800EA.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 38
I am planning to ship velodyne 10inch subwoofer through bluedart. I don’t have the original box.

Put thermocol confetti in the gaps or news paper balls....that would help.

I'd suggest thermocol and packaging foam. Paper can't stand up to the handling of the courier people unless its thick (many sheets). If you don't mind spending then a wooden crate.

absolutely not, the box will be thrown around, no matter how heavy it is, so make sure you pack it with more than paper around the sub, else be ready for some proper damage

Edit: something useful
have proper foam around the sub then thermocol all around then the box for it reach safely, also the external box needs to be bigger and the walls need to be thicker

Last edited:
I have used boxes from upack for shifting house. Their boxes are very good
Use thermocol, etc. on all sides. The fitting should not be either loose or even too tight.
You are in a metro city. See if you can find some courier company to pack and ship.

LDPE is a much better option than thermocol as it's flexible. where as thermocol breaks easily. These sheets are available easily in the market.

Thermocol sheets are not available so tried with newspaper and cardboard sheets.

will try upack and also their edge protector

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back