Subwoofer Slippery when placed on gym tile?

sl4y3r

Hey Guys,

So, I bought the below as my domestic help mops the floor and I did not want the sides of my Sub getting wet/damp daily, plus people say it helps with better quality bass, So I bought the below.

The tile is 20mm and pretty study, but what I noticed is, the sub is not firm and rather slippery while placed on it, I can move it (the sub) with a light push, I could not do this when the sub was placed directly on the floor tiles. Is this expected?

Sub is an SVS SB1000 with the original feet.

TIA.

I use these, which don't move at all. But I am using two layers of these just to add more isolation.

Earlier I was going to use like the ones you have, but in peak covid i couldn't order it. I supposed they should be better than what I have, but yes they move have seen many tiles moving around in the gym. But they shouldn't move with weight on it, which is surprising. Maybe adding groves to the tiles might help.

Directly on the floor will hold its ground better always, as the feets have proper grounding and grip.

I use these, which don't move at all. But I am using two layers of these just to add more isolation.

Earlier I was going to use like the ones you have, but in peak covid i couldn't order it. I supposed they should be better than what I have, but yes they move have seen many tiles moving around in the gym. But they shouldn't move with weight on it, which is surprising. Maybe adding groves to the tiles might help.

Directly on the floor will hold its ground better always, as the feets have proper grounding and grip.
Yup, I saw this when I came over :D these say 'high density foam' but what I have is some other sort of material, does not feel like a hard yoga mat types..I mean as long as the slippery effect does not cause the bass to be less tight I don't really care. I'll try doing some more listening tests to rule this out. Cheers man

Hey Guys,

So, I bought the below as my domestic help mops the floor and I did not want the sides of my Sub getting wet/damp daily, plus people say it helps with better quality bass, So I bought the below.

The tile is 20mm and pretty study, but what I noticed is, the sub is not firm and rather slippery while placed on it, I can move it (the sub) with a light push, I could not do this when the sub was placed directly on the floor tiles. Is this expected?

Sub is an SVS SB1000 with the original feet.

TIA.
I used the same for my xtz 10.17 and 12.17.The FM i sold both subs complained that he had door rattling so i gave the tile along with my subs.He was very happy after using the tile that his door rattling had stopped with this tile so i let him keep it. Its heavy and very rigid. No way the sub is going to be slippery

Try using these. Work quite well with subs.

Machine Leveling Feet Anti Walk Pads Shock Absorber Furniture Lifting Base(4 Piece)

This is just an example. There are many such absorbers on Amazon.

MaSh
Thanks for sharing, let me check something like this out.
I used the same for my xtz 10.17 and 12.17.The FM i sold both subs complained that he had door rattling so i gave the tile along with my subs.He was very happy after using the tile that his door rattling had stopped with this tile so i let him keep it. Its heavy and very rigid. No way the sub is going to be slippery
Oh you used the USI tile too? Good to know, did your sub have spikes? My SVS has curved and smooth kind of rubber feet which are not helping..

Last edited:
Just wanted to update, the tile i received had a few blemishes and chips, so I asked for a replacement. The replacement one also has a minor chip but what I noticed is, this one isn't so slippery. I probably recieved a used one the first time, someone may have wiped it with some wet/soapy cloth or something perhaps..?! Anyway, thanks to all for your replies. Overall, this is a recommended product.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back