Subwoofer suggestion for ~INR 2L

subsatya

Hello Everyone!

I am posting again after a long time. I want to upgrade my Paradigm Cinema Sub 8-inch.

I just so happened to visit avxcellence in Pune and auditioned the SVS 16 Ultra. The opening scene from Unbroken. Every explosion was delivered to my guts. Needless to say, I was completely blown away! Now my Budget is not Rs. 4 lakh for that subwoofer. But I am looking for that authentic LFE punch, which is missing from my subwoofer. Choosing a ported design with movies as the primary focus. Please guide me to find the best sub for my budget. My budget is up to Rs. 2 lakh. Two subwoofer options will be difficult.
My system is Pioneer BDP 180>Onkyo SR444>Paradigm Cinema 100.

Please suggest to me the best option for INR 2 Lakh. My frame of reference is SVS 16 Ultra.

Thanks!

Do look at the Arendal subs and also the new Klipsch ref premier series.
Arendal sealed sub shuld come in ur budget,Klipsch is ported

Hello Everyone!

I am posting again after a long time. I want to upgrade my Paradigm Cinema Sub 8-inch.

I just so happened to visit avxcellence in Pune and auditioned the SVS 16 Ultra. The opening scene from Unbroken. Every explosion was delivered to my guts. Needless to say, I was completely blown away! Now my Budget is not Rs. 4 lakh for that subwoofer. But I am looking for that authentic LFE punch, which is missing from my subwoofer. Choosing a ported design with movies as the primary focus. Please guide me to find the best sub for my budget. My budget is up to Rs. 2 lakh. Two subwoofer options will be difficult.

Please suggest to me the best option for INR 2 Lakh. My frame of reference is SVS 16 Ultra.

Thanks!
You will have to choose first between your frame of reference and your budget. If possible audition subs that fall in your budget and then go ahead with what you like.

Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
You get good subs in the 2L range. Rel HT predator, Arendal and Rythmik. Please do give more details about your room for us to suggest the best sub

Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
Rhythmic fv 15 hp will be the best one. It's v huge weighs about 52 kgs .it synchronised well.

Thank you all for the suggestions. So for now, it is XTZ, REL and Rythmik. I don't know about Arendal. I had listened to Klipsch at Cinebels. It was sounding pretty normal.
Should I think about the smaller models of SVS? PB 2000 or PB 3000?

Do you have any showrooms where you can take a demo of Rythmik subs? If yes, you shall take one and decide because there are many FMs who have been using Rythmik are happy with it.

With a budget of 2L, you have several sealed and ported options for 12" subwoofers. REL HT 1205, Rythmik F12, LV12M, FVX12, SVS PB2000 Pro, XTZ 12.17, Cinema SUB 1x12, etc.,

15" subs from all the above-mentioned reputed brands may be more than 2L. If you can stretch your budget, Rythmik, SVS, XTZ and REL have some more options.

I don't have much idea about the Arendal ported and sealed subs.

What's your room size?

Do you have any showrooms where you can take a demo of Rythmik subs? If yes, you shall take one and decide because there are many FMs who have been using Rythmik are happy with it.

With a budget of 2L, you have several sealed and ported options for 12" subwoofers. REL HT 1205, Rythmik F12, LV12M, FVX12, SVS PB2000 Pro, XTZ 12.17, Cinema SUB 1x12, etc.,

15" subs from all the above-mentioned reputed brands may be more than 2L. If you can stretch your budget, Rythmik, SVS, XTZ and REL have some more options.

I don't have much idea about the Arendal ported and sealed subs.

What's your room size?
Room size is 12x10. I will try to search for Rythmik for an audition. My primary aim is to get that sub 50hz punch in movies.

Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
A friend just procured a B&W 610XP in Mumbai from Audiovision India - I'm told they are offering a lot of B&W products at heavy discounts as they have a sale of sorts - he's so happy with the performance that he's going to add a second sub to enhance the experience

Hello Everyone!

Thanks!
JL audio is the finest sub, you can get a good subwoofer in your budget

Cant find much reviews for rythmik subwoofers, How it is compared with the other brands like SVS, Rel..

I tried to contact dealers for Rythmik in India, HTshop and Avenue sound. No response from either.
I will search for JL and SVS.

I tried to contact dealers for Rythmik in India, HTshop and Avenue sound. No response from either.
I will search for JL and SVS.
Rythmik FV15HP is on SVS PB4000's level and even Digs deeper than the svs. I'm using a SVS PB 2000 pro recently and was very happy with it, until I heard FV15HP and now the PB 2000 sounds tiny. Read online and you will find that SVS is a good brand, but its not exactly the value for money brand, when it comes to brands like Rythmik, PSA etc.

I think one needs to address the Elephant i.e Room size is 12x10 .

Putting a Large ported Sub like the Rythmik FV15Hp, SVSPB400 or similar will just take up too much floor area, and a Eye sore where floor space is already a premium.

If it were me,
I would look at Subs that have Passive Radiator/s, Something in the line of Golden Ear Forcefield subs or similar Which basically give me the best of both of both worlds., Compact size and the PR subs giving the middle ground between sealed and ported subs, with SQ similar to a Ported Design

A friend just procured a B&W 610XP in Mumbai from Audiovision India - I'm told they are offering a lot of B&W products at heavy discounts as they have a sale of sorts - he's so happy with the performance that he's going to add a second sub to enhance the experience
Yes, they lost B&W distribution so warranty will not be there, so tell your friend that.

it is a small room, first check how many subs you need to get decent bass response at the primary seat/s, some need only one and some need even 3-4 depending on the number seats one is targeting.
Once the number of subs is finalized then you can conclude whether you need one sub worth 2 lakhs or 2 subs worth a lakh each.

For your room size you can use a sealed sub if corner placement is being planned.
Matching your sub with the speakers is also important.
I would have bought 1or 2 12 inch sealed subwoofer/s . (this/these will surely give you the bass you desire if you implement it properly)
you will have crazy room gain.. so you don't need a ported sub.
What type of seating do you use? the perceive bass varies with change in seating.

example - plastic chairs <<< beds << recliners/proper sofas. in the order of the bass felt

Note - your avr must support sub EQ, if it doesn't then you must buy a subwoofer with built in EQ.

make sure you set the levels of the sub properly in relation to the speakers.
regards :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back