Sugden Mystro Amplifier owners

vijwilso

Hi

Is anyone from Bangalore owns this Amplifier . Let me know , I would like to try it with my speakers to check if this could really drive it

Regards

What speakers do you have?
Sugden Mystro drives my Thiel CS1.6 speakers like there is no tomorrow.
I have tried the naim nait 5i before and can say the mystro drives equivalent or little bit better than the naim. Both 50w/ch @ 8Ohms. (Thiels is a 4 Ohm load).

I have Spendor A5 . It requires a lot of power , ideally i think it requires 100+ Watts . Lot more dynamic when I tried with top of the line symphonic line integrated and Cyrus seperates.

I am not sure if Sudgen would pair better. But some vouch for Sudgen Mystro + Spendor combination and i see some folks use it with Spendor A6 which is even harder to drive . Looks like more natural sound compared to Naim

Can you PM me the price you paid for the Sugden Mystro

I have Spendor A5 . It requires a lot of power , ideally i think it requires 100+ Watts . Lot more dynamic when I tried with top of the line symphonic line integrated and Cyrus seperates.

I am not sure if Sudgen would pair better. But some vouch for Sudgen Mystro + Spendor combination and i see some folks use it with Spendor A6 which is even harder to drive . Looks like more natural sound compared to Naim

Can you PM me the price you paid for the Sugden Mystro

Natural or not, the sound is completely non-fatiguing. HF is present but never hurting (which is not the case with naim or Roksan I tried).

The sound is "thick" and "syrupy" as opposed to thin and lean presentation of musical fidelity, cyrus etc.

I too doubt if it will fit the Spendor sound signature. It may end being too much of a good thing and you might miss the top end completely.

I think it fits the likes of Thiel, Monitor Audio, Paradigm, proac kind of speakers, If you get what I mean.

PMed the price.

I too doubt if it will fit the Spendor sound signature. It may end being too much of a good thing and you might miss the top end completely.

PMed the price.

Thanks . Got the PM .

Spendor A5 seems more modern , Infact it is slightly on the brighter tone howeverit is not really harsh . It is more towards the neat acoustics but not as bright as proAc. Never heard a thiel before .
I liked the classical spendor better. I have to change the cabling and source !! DragonFly was the perfect source for me earlier , but no more ...Hmmm a lot of work .

I bought a newer model Naim 5Si which i will get receive this month end . Will run it for couple of months to see if things get settle down , otherwise try with Sugden .

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back