Suggest a headphone amplifier for Soncoz SGD1.

ravihpa

Hey guys,

Just purchased a Soncoz SGD1 and now I'm looking for a headphone amplifier to pair with it. These are the two headphones that I have right now...

Sennheiser HD 650
Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x

This is my first foray into audiophile territory and I'm open to getting other headphones in the near future, like a friend recommending me HiFiMAN - Edition XS or Ananda.

I have an audiophile friend who is recommending I go with Acoustic Portrait Swara headphone amp. He says it's one of the best in class. Unfortunately, I can't find any reviews or anything about this headphone amp. In the end, my friend said that it's a simple Class A amplifier with a linear power supply. Can't make much of what that means. I guess the only thing I can do is put my faith in him or in you guys, for other suggestions, if any.

Looking forward to becoming a part of this awesome community.

Thanks a lot in advance for any and all recommendations. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Topping a30 pro or A90
Thanx for the suggestion. Any idea about the Acoustic Portrait Swara headphone amplifier?

One of my audiophile friend says it beats both of the above amps you recommended.

Thanx for the suggestion. Any idea about the Acoustic Portrait Swara headphone amplifier?

One of my audiophile friend says it beats both of the above amps you recommended.
Ur friend is prolly right. Hvnt heard AP personally yet.
Since ur in Mumbai, you can visit headphone zone and demo a variety of amps with ur HPs. That would be worth the effort.
If not possible, you can ask for a home demo from them, they will arrange it for you.
Only way u will find out best i guess.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back