Suggest an amp

Kapeel

I have placed an order for Buchardt Audio S-300 MKII and would like to know if I should pair them with a NAD c316bee or Emotiva A-100.

Any suggestions between the two amps?

If Emotiva, should I consider A-100 or A-300? Ordering A 100 is half the price including customs

Hey Kapeel,

I had enquired about Buchardt in August and this was their reply:

"Hi. We have so much interest from India, but we sadly can't ship there due to the very strict import rules. We are desperately looking for an company to carry Buchardt in India. If you have any ideas to who might be perfect for that, please let me know."

Kindly let me know if you have received the package. If yes, did you face any issues with custom clearance?

Regards,
Abhishek

Last when I checked, speakers were to be shipped around 15th Nov, will update once I have more details.

I have another question though, I have recently also received a pair of chord company speaker wires from UK and the customs has charged me over 42% as import duties. Does this % sound normal? I was under the impression duties as max 25%.

Regards,
Kapeel

Electronics for commercial use attracts 42%
For personal use it’s lower, but authorities have final authority to decide personal or commercial
If can meet them personally can do some Jugaad

@Smo - thanks. Are you suggesting I go to the customs office for overseas parcel and discuss once the parcel arrives in Mumbai ? As per my understanding, I cannot collect the parcel at the customs office, the courier company or India post has to deliver it.

The courier company will not deliver the parcel unless customs amount is paid. Can I dispute the customs duty after I have paid and seek a refund?

Postal Customs are at post office only
My suggestion wouldn’t work for courier

Ohk...
Hope it reaches you soon without much Hassel. Do post a review of the performance and the whole procurement process.

Here goes my experience in buying Buchardt S300 MK II.

Buying from Buchardt Audio website using a credit card is pretty straight forward. One has to provide the usual details such as delivery address, CC details and make payment.

I was not aware that CC provider will charge up-to 4% of the value for international transactions even though the transaction is at the day foreign exchange rate. So one will have to account for this additional cost into their total cost of product.

Since S300's were on sale I had to wait for close to a month before they were shipped from Denmark. You can always write to Mads Buchardt (Owner of Buchardt Audio) on any concern. Mads is a very hands on guy and will address the email promptly.

Speakers were shipped via FedEx and the guys there will promptly get in tough with you for any additional documentation they may require to clear customs. They will even be your customs clearing agents, pay customs duties on your behalf (for a fee).

All in all I would say it was a pretty straight forward process importing the speakers to Mumbai.

Regards,
Kapeel

So,
You got the speakers now?
How do the speakers sound?

As usual one- What’s the total cost for them.?

I am also waiting for Dayens Menuetto which is on the way before I play music with the speakers.

Cost wise below is the break up

Speakers - On Discount EUR 890 + Free Shipping = ~70,000
CC charges = 1,500
Custom Duties + Taxes + FedEx charges = 33,000
Total Cost in India = 1,04,500

The regular price of the speakers without discount with free shipping is EUR 1050 = ~83,000
and If you are buying in the EU you also pay 20% VAT i.e EUR 210 = ~16,500
Total cost in EU = EUR 1260 or 99,500 INR

Hence without the CC tax for international transaction + FedEx charges of 1,500. It has cost as much as buying in the EU.

I am also waiting for Dayens Menuetto which is on the way before I play music with the speakers.

Cost wise below is the break up

Speakers - On Discount EUR 890 + Free Shipping = ~70,000
CC charges = 1,500
Custom Duties + Taxes + FedEx charges = 33,000
Total Cost in India = 1,04,500

The regular price of the speakers without discount with free shipping is EUR 1050 = ~83,000
and If you are buying in the EU you also pay 20% VAT i.e EUR 210 = ~16,500
Total cost in EU = EUR 1260 or 99,500 INR

Hence without the CC tax for international transaction + FedEx charges of 1,500. It has cost as much as buying in the EU.

Nice buy. Didn't aware EU charge 20% VAT.

Back