Suggest AVR and corresponding speakers

rcube9

Hi All,

I have planned to buy good moderate AVR and Good speakers.

Requirement:
1) I am an audiophile person, I would like the details of the track from the MP3 / FLAC audio's. I would like to listen in depth details on the song.
2) And also I am a movie buff guy, like to watch good movies in the weekend, obviously I will have 5.1 videos as input to play movies from my wishlist.

So the AVR should have the capacity to meet these two as basic requirement and most of the sources are resides in my PC or external Hard disk, so that AVR should have the capacity to accept the DLNA mode to play the source form the PC.

As of now, I have decided following AVR's.
1) Pioneer VSX 924 - K (India model)
2) Yamaha 677 (Bit costly than pioneer)

Suggest me if anything other than mentioned AVR's which meets my requirement.

I don't know how to select the Speakers. It's not necessary to buy 7.2 speakers immediately. Even I can go with Tower speaker right now, later I can buy remaining speakers (back, side, center and sub woofer). Even I don't know how to select the best moderate tower speaker, I don't want too costly or very basic, something moderate level could be enough for me. And also please suggest remaining recommended speakers (back, side, center and sub woofer) which suites for my requirement. My speaker budget would be 40 to 60 k.

Out of 100%, 60% I will listen audio and 40% would watch movies.

Suggest me Good AVR and corresponding speakers and also is there any recommended way of installation, if yes could you please provide the details.
Some of my friends suggest, it would required 16 awg speakers wire it cost around 2500/-, like this any thing required further.

In future I have planned to buy Yamaha Keyboard, so shall i able to connect the Keyboard into the AVR to play and listen my own composition? to feel the bass and treble.

Thanks in advance

I got a deal Pioneer VSX-924-K for 31500/- and yamaha 677 for 45000/-.
Which one is good. Any expert can help.

No without bill and with out warranty. Shall I go with that approach? Anyhow yamaha will provide good output. If I proceed with this approach is there any disadvantages?

And could you suggest corresponding speakers for this 677 Yamaha AVR.

No without bill and with out warranty. Shall I go with that approach? Anyhow yamaha will provide good output. If I proceed with this approach is there any disadvantages?

And could you suggest corresponding speakers for this 677 Yamaha AVR.

Yamaha NS 333 bookshelf speakers for front left and right
Yamaha NS -P60 for centre and surrounds
Yamaha 215 or 315 sub woofer for LFE

If music is 60%, you must check Marantz... SR5009 may be. Slimline NR series is good too but they might not use full potential of tower speakers. Marantz is little costly but very musical as compared to other options. Why Denon is not on your list?

Thanks for your response. So far I have heard Denon and Marantz does not have service center in India. Where as Onkyo, Yamaha have distributors and dealer's are available in India and Chennai. Not sure about Pioneer have to check.
If Marantz PM5004 then what would be the best front speaker? to listen music.
3 way is better than 2 way? please suggest.

Marantz PM5004 is an entry level stereo Amplifier.
For dual purpose of Movies and Music, I think minimum you should look for SR5008/5009 receiver. If on budget can go for NR slimline series but they have hard time running the floor standers. You need to get out from your home and do the auditions. There are any options and you should decide based on your preferences.

Back