Suggest best vinyl of few favourite singers

anm

Hi everyone,
Starting this thread for the benefit of vinyl lovers as well vinyl enthusiasts. We hear a lot of time that some records are not pressed well, while others are very good. Also, how to decide if we are presented with a lot of used vinyl.
So those of you who have, help others to get it.

regards

What I read that pink floyd's dark side of the moon- many times used as referance material

Generally, audiophile quality vinyl is somewhat expensive and many times limited editions as they only press a small amount to preserve quality through a given LP stamper. Most audiophile quality vinyl is made with virgin vinyl pressed at 180 grams or 200 grams.

Here are some LP's that I own and routinely use to fine tune and upgrade my system if needed:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (MFSL)

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Couldn't Stand The Weather

Holly Cole - Temptation

ANY SHEFFIELD LABS Direct To Disc recordings (Harry James, Thelma Houston, Dave Grusin, Lincoln Mayorga)

Led Zeppelin Classic Records 200g pressings (I have Physical Graffiti, House of the Holy, Earlier Days, Latter Days and 6LP Box set called Mothership)

Ry Cooder, VM Bhatt - Meeting By The River 180 gram 45 RPM 2 LP set.

Rickie Lee Jones - Pop Pop 180g vinyl

Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall

I have to add these Jazz legendary LPs to the list as well:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

John Coltrane - Blue Train

- These are just at the top of my head. I have amassed quite a collection and use it many times to just fine tune stuff. I love tube rolling and you can really play with the sound signature of the system that way.

Actually, here is a website you can use to determine what you would like. Michael Fermer is a very well respected Analog music reviewer and has his own website. I'm a regular reader and it definitely helps before you plop down $40 to $100 on LPs:

musicangle.com - By Michael Fremer -- Music * Reviews * Audio * Sound * Vinyl...

Check out what is in heavy rotation for him and he has it separated by months.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Starting this thread for the benefit of vinyl lovers as well vinyl enthusiasts. We hear a lot of time that some records are not pressed well, while others are very good. Also, how to decide if we are presented with a lot of used vinyl.
So those of you who have, help others to get it.

regards

Columbia records jazz collection is highly sought after for reference listening (Thelonius Monk, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane...)

Mothership - Zeppelin

Shaman - Santana
Fresh Cream - Cream

Hello Anm,
from my little experience with vinyls I suggest you get all the vinyls of live performences of various Indian artists mainly Lata Mangeshkar , Kishore Kumar , Md Rafi, Mukhesh, Asha Bhosle, Rahu l Dev Barman. Here is a link which provides details of such records.
Two must have not in the list are
Lata Mangeshkar Live at royal albert Hall ( 2 LP set)
Lata Mangeshkar Paying tribute to Mukesh in USA ( 2 LP set)

Jazzy Workshop (Powered by CubeCart)

they are unique in my opinion since they have very good recording quality mostly done abroad and the conversations in between the songs also very enjoyable which tells lot of stories. you can source them in any second hand dealer shop.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Guys,

I just wrote about this in another post here. I BEG YOU TO PICK THIS UP if you are a hard rock fan. AN ABSOLUTELY UNGODLY MUST in any rock collection. Thank me later ;)

Guns-N-Roses-Appetite-For-Dest-458249.jpg

You want to get the new 180 gram pressing of Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction.

I don't CARE if you have it in any format before...CDs, Tapes whatever. You HAVE to get this new re-issue. The mastering is mind blowing and you can hear EVERY instrument clearly and hear EVERYTHING AXL is singing....no blurring and no sound anomalies. Just PERFECT rock.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back