suggest Dac with optical input for Nad 375bee with PSB T5 speakers

santosh4

I need DAC with optical input and Ipod connectivity for my NAD 375BEE and I have the PSB Image T5 as speaker A and wharfedale sub to my speaker B.

I need punching Bass and smooth strings like marantz very musical, i hear only instrumental and electronic. Please suggest me one.

Price below 30k. I hope this forum has enough godfather to help me here.

My research led me to order a schiit bifrost via ishopinternational. With uber it and customs it is a little outside of the number you have in mind. Or there's Modi optical

Have not heard it before buying. Waiting for it to be delivered. So ...

ciao
gr

I need DAC with optical input and Ipod connectivity for my NAD 375BEE and I have the PSB Image T5 as speaker A and wharfedale sub to my speaker B.

I need punching Bass and smooth strings like marantz very musical, i hear only instrumental and electronic. Please suggest me one.

Price below 30k. I hope this forum has enough godfather to help me here.

You can try this-

WS-302 TPA3116 Power amplifier/24bit/192KHZ DAC USB DAC Headphone amp | eBay

it is DAC+headphone amp+amp...

After a lot of contemplation I went for the Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2 (With upgraded tube and op-amps). It's a good dedicated DAC with lot of scope for customization/upgrades (available for ~$290)
However the Schiit Bifrost is indeed an excellent DAC (also offering upgradability). The one with the 2nd Gen inputs is going for around $450. At this price it's one of the best VFM DACs'.
You could also look at the Beresford Caiman (not sure about the pricing), the Emotiva XDA-2 Gen2 (~$270) or the Music Fidelity V90 (not sure about the pricing).
I have personally heard only a few of these (D2, Bifrost and XDA-2), and I think all these had something or the other unique going for them.
The Bifrost sounds best (read: analytic) of the bunch (More so with the op-amp upgrades), the D2 has a very sweet and musical tonality (esp. warm with the Tube-out) and the XDA-2 is also quite good but beats these two in terms of features (no. of inputs, remote, etc).
Hope this helps! Best of luck with your purchase!

Hi All,

I got the marantz mcr510 yesterday now here is the connetion:

Setup A :(Current setup)
Pioneer bdp 440 connected to mcr510 via optical and then mcr510 to my PSB t5 and wharfedale sw150 through subwoofer out of 510. Excellent machine and awsome details.

my previous setup:
Pioneer BDP440 analog out to NAD 375BEE and NAD speaker A to PSB t5 and NAD speaker B to Wharfedale sw150 throught speaker level input.

Conclusion :

Setup A is excellent only thing is the volume level after 43 in Marantz has distortion, and since mcr510 has no line out my NAD 375bee dead I am not using it any more.

so my question is I see only MCR610 has sub out. So is the DAC used in 510 and 610 same and what is the dac used. is ther any other marantz player with dac of higher performance of that of mcr610 or mcr510?

Suggest me Dac for my NAD 375bee either Arcam or Cambridge audio, which can give me Punching bass, I want to hear like party sound to dance not to fall asleep.

I would either go for Dacmagic plus or IrDac which could be more punchier? max price I can go for 30K.

FYI, I have Marantz 510 to make me sleep, I am going for Russound switch to play between Marantz 510 and Nad37bee. So I want to party will go for NAD and wanna sleep will go for marantz :=)

Just need good tight bass, that feels my chest..

Have not heard it before buying. Waiting for it to be delivered. So ...

I would either go for Dacmagic plus or IrDac which could be more punchier? max price I can go for 30K.
<snip>
Just need good tight bass, that feels my chest..

I had not heard the bifrost (~ same price range) when I posted earlier. I can now report I can now hear lovely tuneful bass that was not possible with my previous DAC. But then I listen to as you said "sleepy" music ;)

You seem to be desirous of sub bass that is loud. On another thread there was a suggestion that you need a sub or maybe two for that kind of thing.

As for choosing between two dacs maybe try and hear them ?

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back