Suggest : Good Sub Woofer - Budget 25k Max

Sir,
I think you are just now entering into an area where you are realising the cocepts of good SQ ,both in music and movies ,the stage I was in, till I came to know about this forum. My experiance with HTIB is similar to that of yours though I owned a variety of them for the past few years. My advise is, if your budget permits , to do away with this HTIB as a whole and build another one because of simple reasons.

1. Initially you are planning to change Sub. Later you find the fronts are weak . You replace them and then surrounds and centre.
2. We may not find a good market if they are sold seperately.
3. Finally your Amp. given the power of your amp, it may not drive the floor standers.
4.It is easy to find a purchaser if the HTIB is sold as a package.

I had lost much of my money on purchases of various brands of HTIB and later on selling them part by part , hence this advise. Definitely this HTIB is substandard on Musical front . Think twice and then decide on your future investments . Invest wisely and once purchased should make you happy without reinvestment on the same thing atleast for 8 to 10 years.

Regards

dont expect the Htib amp to drive the FS well
htibs meant for casual movie watching
expect good results for 2 channel music only with a stereo amp or a pre/power

Yeah i felt that. When i auditioned th Sonodyne FS in Chennai, he was showing me a demo with Yamaha receiver Rx 465. I could litreally feel that the receiver was not good enough to drive the speaker. The receiver volume was almost turned to the maximum. Almost 4'o Clock position.

So planning to leave the HTIB as it is. Planning to get Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V2 FS + Norge 1000/2000 setup which will cost approx (25K + 12K) 40K. In this way i am having a good stereo setup as well as a decent HTIB. Correct me if i am wrong..

Last edited:
Sir,
I think you are just now entering into an area where you are realising the cocepts of good SQ ,both in music and movies ,the stage I was in, till I came to know about this forum. My experiance with HTIB is similar to that of yours though I owned a variety of them for the past few years. My advise is, if your budget permits , to do away with this HTIB as a whole and build another one because of simple reasons.

1. Initially you are planning to change Sub. Later you find the fronts are weak . You replace them and then surrounds and centre.
2. We may not find a good market if they are sold seperately.
3. Finally your Amp. given the power of your amp, it may not drive the floor standers.
4.It is easy to find a purchaser if the HTIB is sold as a package.

I had lost much of my money on purchases of various brands of HTIB and later on selling them part by part , hence this advise. Definitely this HTIB is substandard on Musical front . Think twice and then decide on your future investments . Invest wisely and once purchased should make you happy without reinvestment on the same thing atleast for 8 to 10 years.

Regards

Exactly. You have described what i was going thru. Thanks for catching my pulz. So i have decided to leave Onkyo HTIB as it is. Planned for Sonodyne Sonus 2605 FS (Impressed with it) + Norge 2000 amplifier setup.

i have a doubt. Somewhere in the forum i read that this particular FS from Sonodyne is on the brighter side, also Norge 2000 Ref amplifier is laid back. Would this be a right match. or should i consider some used Amplifier from NAD, marantz with a good power of 80RMS(Continuous) to drive this FS..

Last edited:
i have a doubt. Somewhere in the forum i read that this particular FS from Sonodyne is on the brighter side, also Norge 2000 Ref amplifier is laid back. Would this be a right match. or should i consider some used Amplifier from NAD, marantz with a good power of 80RMS(Continuous) to drive this FS..

I do not know about sonodyne FS and Norge 2000 but NAD , Marantz though
used are good choice but check with the Amp whichever you choose pair with the FS in giving good SQ levels as desired by you.

Regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back