Suggest home theater under 20k

amitarora2006

Hi Frns,
i need a home theater to connect my sony 42" LED(42ex410) with it.
I basically want to watch downloaded full HD movies on my LED from pendrive/laptop and surround sound with a good bass.
Please suggest any home theater in a budget of around Rs. 20k
i have seen some ht systems like sony dav dz340k and dz640k.
But i am still confused if i can play 1080p movies with surround sound from usb on them.
So please guide me..i am a noob in this department. so dont know much specifications but i want a theater like experience while watching movies.
Thanks!:)

Don't go for Sony and the likes. Get a proper HT like Yamaha 298, Onkyo 3500 or Denon 1312XP. If budget is a problem then look for Yamaha 196 or Onkyo 3400. However you will still need a media player or blu-ray player to play 1080p movies as none of these HTs comes with player. If your TV supports playback from usb then it is sufficient.

Last edited:
thanks for replying.
my led plays almost all hd video n audio formats.i have few doubts like If i buy yamaha yht196:
1.will i get 5.1 surround sound if i play movies n audio through my led tv usb port.
2.can i connect my dell laptop to the yht196 through hdmi and get hd video n surround sound?
thanks! :)

Sir I own Yamaha HT 196, it's got an ARC whereas my 6 year old Samsung is not compatible with ARC, tried HDMI of my laptop, it transmits everything, whatever played on laptop, and the fabulous part is I can watch SBS 3D on my 6 year old LCD by using KM player on my Laptop!!!! It's pleasure to watch IMAX countdown or intro MKV, YHT 196 is a good setup, I do own 1 more Yamaha which is 6.1 neo which I stopped using due to analogue inputs and no HDMI

yamaha 196 or onkyo 3400 is the choice..as other recomended stay from sony lg toy HT products...
even a shadi/party wala amp and old bs is better choice than those HTs imho

thanks for replying.
my led plays almost all hd video n audio formats.i have few doubts like If i buy yamaha yht196:
1.will i get 5.1 surround sound if i play movies n audio through my led tv usb port.
2.can i connect my dell laptop to the yht196 through hdmi and get hd video n surround sound?
thanks! :)

1. You will get virtual 5.1 like Dolby Prologic or DTS Neo6 if the movie you are playing has two channel audio only. For getting true 5.1, you need movies with 5.1 DD or DTS. Most TVs support DD but DTS is supported by a few.

2. Yes.

Hi Frns,
i need a home theater to connect my sony 42" LED(42ex410) with it.
I basically want to watch downloaded full HD movies on my LED from pendrive/laptop and surround sound with a good bass.
Please suggest any home theater in a budget of around Rs. 20k
i have seen some ht systems like sony dav dz340k and dz640k.
But i am still confused if i can play 1080p movies with surround sound from usb on them.
So please guide me..i am a noob in this department. so dont know much specifications but i want a theater like experience while watching movies.
Thanks!:)

Try searching for one warehouse direct seller on OLX Mumbai , they have a offer of Around 14k for pioneer system with multiple HDMI ports and tower speakers, search and analyse sir

Its better to go for Yamaha yht 298. It has all the latest HD decoding features.

298 Goin out of budget..started from 15k..reached 20k 1...thinking of buying yamaha 196 and adding a bluray player after 6-8months.. it lacks some decoding features but i think the bluray player can help in those decodings if i am correct.
Till then i can use it to play movies directly from my laptop or tv usb port as told by baijuxavior and enjoy full hd with surround sound! :yahoo:

And thanks everyone for your replies. :)

Demoed HTP71 few months back. It was pale infront of Onkyo 3400 or similar systems. Better to spend little more and get Onkyo 3400/3500.

Hey guys, i am posting the connection panel pictures of my LED tv. Please tell if it has all the necessary ports to connect yamaha yht198??
i am confued if it needs some optical audio out and if it has one or not?? and the hdmi port is also not arc i think..
will i get 5.1 surround sound with these ports if i use the tv usb port to play movies n music?? :rolleyes:
klv-42ex410-4.jpg

004942996.jpg

There is no optical out and HDMI is not marked as ARC. So you won't get 5.1 sound from USB playback. You can use the headphone out to connect to the AVR and get virtual surround.

+1 to baijuxavior. You wont get true Dolby surround if you play movie through TV USB because there is no HDMI out. I suggest you to buy a HD Media Player (like Asus O Play!) or bargain with the dealer when buying the HtiB to get a discounted Bluray player. Bluray player USB port can read almost all major file formats and you can get Dolby sound.

as others suggested get a separate player.it is worth the price..
but if you are sure you dont have/wont have true 6 ch files..then dont invest

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back