Suggest me a sound card

Vijay_s

I would like to add a sound card to my existing setup, can any one suggest me a sound card costing around 1200 - 3000. My only is use is to listen music.

Do you have PC speakers or an amp + speakers? Choose any card with a digital output, not much difference between cards in the price range you have mentioned.

If you really want great audio then Asus Xonar STX costing around 8.5-9K.

Do you have PC speakers or an amp + speakers? Choose any card with a digital output, not much difference between cards in the price range you have mentioned.

If you really want great audio then Asus Xonar STX costing around 8.5-9K.

I have NORGE-1000 connected to PC and speakers are Wharfadele Diamond 9.1.

These amp do not have digital-in and I have only PCI slot because my PCI x1 can not be used as it is blocked by NVIDIA card's fan on PCI x16.

Last edited:
if you are lookign at pure 2 channel sound try to source an old xonar D1 which is a pci card and gem of a card.

Alternately see if you can source the m-audio delta 2496 card - complete VFM and a great card.

I would rate the 2md option if you are looking at a 2 channel solution.

Alternately see if you can source the m-audio delta 2496 card - complete VFM and a great card.
I agree to wat suprateep has said. I do own a 2496 card and use the analogue out. I sourced it from SP Road in Bangalore for ~ 6k. Let me know if you want more details.

I have NORGE-1000 connected to PC and speakers are Wharfadele Diamond 9.1.

These amp does not have digital in and I have only PCI slot as my PCI x1 can not be used as it is blocked by NVIDIA card's fan on PCI x16.

Without digital input in the Norge you will need a good SC with at least a decent DAC. You will need to look at SC for the PCI slot.

I agree to wat suprateep has said. I do own a 2496 card and use the analogue out. I sourced it from SP Road in Bangalore for ~ 6k. Let me know if you want more details.

Prashant, can you give me more details on that card, can i use it in PCI slot? Where i can buy the same, Is there any way i can buy it online?

Prashant, can you give me more details on that card, can i use it in PCI slot? Where i can buy the same, Is there any way i can buy it online?

Hi,

The m-Audio Audiophile 2496 is a PCI card and doesnt require separate power supply like the PCI-E cards.

There is one M-Audio dealer in SP Road from whom i purchased this:

Golchha Intertrade Welcome to Golchhait.com
69#70 GROUND FLOOR S.P ROAD
OPP TO AMAR RADIO CORP.
+91-80-22213509 - 22278811 - 22998403 - 41146173

The guy who handles this shop RAJ, is a very courteous person and you could just try calling him on the above number to get a ballpark figure on today's price. I have purchased a few stuff from Golchha, service is quite good. I took this piece approx a year ago, and got a custom stereo RCA cable to go with this since my comp is far from my AVR/Stereo.. ~ 5 meter cable.

Let me know if there is something i missed to tell you.

The guy who handles this shop RAJ, is a very courteous person and you could just try calling him on the above number to get a ballpark figure on today's price. I have purchased a few stuff from Golchha, service is quite good. I took this piece approx a year ago, and got a custom stereo RCA cable to go with this since my comp is far from my AVR/Stereo.. ~ 5 meter cable.

Let me know if there is something i missed to tell you.

I spoken to raj he quoted me 7000 + Tax :sad:

I spoken to raj he quoted me 7000 + Tax :sad:

Hi,

I just picked up the bill from the box, and infact i have also paid 7000, but he had told me the same thing 7000+ tax and i asked him to make it all inclusive at 7000.

I am sorry for the mistake/confusion on my part of telling you that the card costs 6k.!!

Thanks to all of you for your valuable help. Today i received my Audiophile 2496 card from Golchha computers. I did basic configuration in my vista machine by downloading drivers from m-audio website.

I found all driver CD and software provide along with card is obsolete and useless in Vista.

Your suggestions are welcome to make optimum configuration of the card.

how much did you pay for the card?

Thanks to all of you for your valuable help. Today i received my Audiophile 2496 card from Golchha computers. I did basic configuration in my vista machine by downloading drivers from m-audio website.

I found all driver CD and software provide along with card is obsolete and useless in Vista.

first thing check if the maudio driver supports asio - AFAIK it did in xp - check for vista also. Also if there is no asio support simply use asio4all. And if you have flac - then download CPlay. (for more details download CPlay first).

second congrats on the new card. You will notice atleast a 10-20% improvement over the onboard sound chips and the sound staging and clarity will be great.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back