Suggest me an affordable, compact and accurate dB SPL meter to measure my headphones

Hi,

I am extremely conscious about my hearing and would like to measure how loud I am listening.

The probe of the measuring device should be small enough to read from the ear cup of a headphone.

Any suggestions?

Re: Suggest me an affordable, compact and accurate dB SPL meter to measure my headpho

Hi,

I am extremely conscious about my hearing and would like to measure how loud I am listening.

The probe of the measuring device should be small enough to read from the ear cup of a headphone.

Any suggestions?

Bump! :)

Re: Suggest me an affordable, compact and accurate dB SPL meter to measure my headpho

As far as I am aware, SPL meters are made to measure noise in a room. What you can do is to keep your headphones close to the sensor in regular SPL meter to get a sense of what you are hearing.

You could also get special SPL meters from companies/shops that sell professional equipment such as DJ, Guitar amplifiers etc. I am assuming this.

Cheers

a very layman way of ensuring the right volume levels is that you should be able to hold a conversation easily while listening to music. To get the best volume level, what I did was set the volume low enough to hear anyone talking to you in a crowded mumbai local. in the train, the voice should be audible, but not discernible or clear. so you have to remove the headphones in the TRAIN. thereafter set that volum level as your benchmark.

The above does not apply to a noise attenuation/cancelling headphone/earphone

PS - i have done that with my PMX-100 which are open-backed and therefore let a lot of sound IN!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back