Suggest Me Best stereo amplifier for my B&w 684

santosh4

Dear FM,

I own 684 and I listen to calssical music more of vocal and to Trance as well as POP. I have been changing the amplifiers still I am not so well satisfied. I use them in my room which is 10*8 so well sometimes I feel Boomy.

Amps I have tried:

1. Arcam FMJ A19 :

I used it but its not a good match too much fatigue to my ears

2. Nad 375BEE :

Good But vocals are not so Strong

3. Rega Elex R:

Good with vocals and as well overall details but long time hearing looks little stressed on my ears.

4. Exposure 3010S2 :

Tried Just for a day and sounds good but I dint get a chance to hear it for longer time so cant conclude anything.

5. People sugest me to go for Rotel , I belive they are bright too

Let me know your thoughts..

Regards,
San

Sorry..

I missed one more amp..

I tried with PM6004 as well.. but again there is no clarity at high frequency. lot of irritation...

So Marantz is ruled out too..

You can try Quad Power Amps like 306, 606, 606 MK2 which are supposed to be a very good match with B&Ws...I am using Quad 606 to drive my B&W CDM1 and they are just awesome...

Regards,
Joy

the rotels pair well with the b&w. esp since youre in bangalore, you should check out the acoustic portrait amps

I'm a Marantz fan but I would think that for easy listening music and light rock the 6004 would do the job just fine, for hard rock I would expect to find it lacking in slam and bass.

Definitely look at Rotel...
Distributed by the B&w Group, Rotel has more than 50 years of experience delivering high-performance receivers and amplifiers to audio fanatics ...

Seems like room problem more than amp. Perhaps investment in acoustic treatment is required if not already done.

Thanks Vinay..

Probably thinking of changing to Bookshelf that might help right...

any idea about Roksan or Cree, I know Naim wont be that good for this..

Have you tried the B&W with the Denon PMA1520AE. Do use Chord Clearway Speakers Cables, I hope you will like it.
Just don't look down upon this amp since it doesn't have a fancy name.Its awesome with its neutral balance edging on the warm side with excellent detail and current on tap to control your speakers. Just give it a try. The other amp away from this award winning Denon will be the Usher Integrateds. Visit ProFx and ARN

Hi,

Marantz pairs well with B&Ws so you should check the reference series stereo amps...yes they are expensive but give you the true kick in terms of performance...

If budget is a constraint, look at their SR series of AVR which is audiophile designed...you can use the Bi Amp mode and power the speakers for exceptional performance...advantage is digital sources can be connected...

Choice is urs....all the best!

Speaker cables, audio source cables etc do matter and also the content being played!

Thanks Vinay..

Probably thinking of changing to Bookshelf that might help right...

I have no idea about high end amps like these. I am a budget guy:)

Yes. I think bookshelf should be more suitable to the room size you have. But again many people are using large floorstanders in small rooms with proper acoustic treatment. As far as I remember, one of the esteemed FM Mr. Bhagwan is using large speakers in a small room. I am sure you have given proper breathing space to your speakers while checking with various amps.

Thanks for the reply,

I see that your suggestion for marantz, but As per my configuration I have Marantz NA6005 as source which is an audiophile quality the problem is I need an AMP to get the full detailing out of it..

Rotel I havent heard but I am inclined towards the exposure 3010 I just loved the signature but i couldnt audition for long.. let me know what else comes with same signature..

Note The NA6005 has an option of Variable RCA output so I think I can Directly connect the power amp...

Sorry..

I missed one more amp..

I tried with PM6004 as well.. but again there is no clarity at high frequency. lot of irritation...

So Marantz is ruled out too..
Yes, you are right but PM 8005 is totally in the different league.

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

Roksan gets my vote, took my speakers to another level that I could never get with Marantz, NAD, Rega, Arcam, Yamaha, etc. Superb detail, vast increase in soundstage, and more thump in the lows. The dynamics and blacks also improved. I'm since a believer in spending just as much on the amp as the speakers, you get a much higher ROI going up the amp chain than the DAC chain.

But I've never owned B&W so not sure about the pairing. In my case initially it was bright, but that has since gone away with changing the source and I always felt my soundcard or the coaxial was adding to the brightness. I've since moved to a NAS and the optical Toslink route and the brightness has disappeared.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back