Suggestion for 5.1 Setup

Prashant489

Hi,

I am planning to setup my first 5.1 home theater. I have been waiting for this from long time finally I decided to buy one. I am planning to setup my HT in dedicated room and the room size is 10W X 10L X 9H. I have auditioned Polk, KEF, Klipsch, Monitor Audio, Jamo. Out of which I liked the Monitor Audio Silver 200 because of the crispness and clarity of the sound it produced but it was out of budget. One of the dealer in Pune was quoting about 1.6L for it.

So I started searching for some FS that where similar to MA Silver 200. After hearing many brands I decided to go for Klipsch RP-260 package. Can some one tell me whats the price of RP-260F. It costing me 1L in Pune. Also I am planning to so for different Sub apart from Klipsch RP 260 package. I read good reviews for SVS and BIC sub.

Can some one suggest me for which sub to go for SVS SB-1000 or BIC PL 200 or Klipsch R-112SW according to my room size.

Do you guys think the klipsch RP-260F will over kill by room size and also can Denon x2400h has sufficient power to drive the RP-260.

Setup I want to buy:

1) Klipsch RP-260F (front)
2) Klipsch RP-440C (center)
3) Klipsch RP-240S (surround)
4) SVS SB-1000 / BIC PL-200 / Klipsch R-112SW
5) Denon x2400

I am open for suggestions from the experts.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I am planning to setup my first 5.1 home theater. I have been waiting for this from long time finally I decided to buy one. I am planning to setup my HT in dedicated room and the room size is 10W X 10L X 9H. I have auditioned Polk, KEF, Klipsch, Monitor Audio, Jamo. Out of which I liked the Monitor Audio Silver 200 because of the crispness and clarity of the sound it produced but it was out of budget. One of the dealer in Pune was quoting about 1.6L for it.

So I started searching for some FS that where similar to MA Silver 200. After hearing many brands I decided to go for Klipsch RP-260 package. Can some one tell me whats the price of RP-260F. It costing me 1L in Pune. Also I am planning to so for different Sub apart from Klipsch RP 260 package. I read good reviews for SVS and BIC sub.

Can some one suggest me for which sub to go for SVS SB-1000 or BIC PL 200 or Klipsch R-112SW according to my room size.

Do you guys think the klipsch RP-260F will over kill by room size and also can Denon x2400h has sufficient power to drive the RP-260.

Setup I want to buy:

5) Denon x2400

Thanks
I feel ,this is over kill for your room space .

Hi,

Setup I want to buy:

5) Denon x2400

Thanks
As you are using subwoofer
You can go with Klipsch rp-160
And get the sealed subwoofer as your small room will provide nice room gain to the sub at lower frequencies.
Other than that everything looks good .

I think only Klipsch rp-260f costs 90k how come you are getting the whole package for that price.

Hi,

I am planning to setup my first 5.1 home theater. I have been waiting for this from long time finally I decided to buy one. I am planning to setup .....................................
5) Denon x2400

Thanks

For your room size , Bookshelf also will sound good ..Your SVS SUB will take care of all BASS reproduction. Since you have restricted budget suggesting Bookshelves. You may check monitor audio bookshelf series as well , that may fit to your budget.

If you are strict to Floor standers keep in mind,
Floorstanders will be good if your room size is at least 14 ft length. You may get some reflection issue for your room size ( try to avoid bass reflex speaker , instead go with ported one).

For your room size, you can accommodate your setup very well and it won't be a overkill. RP440C will be too much for the room size for sure; since RP250C itself will go very well with RP260F.

Wondering how you are getting your entire package in the budget you mentioned? These speakers itself would cost you more than that.

If your primary purpose is going to be watching movie, go for BIC subwoofer. It's value for money and a great sub with features.

Last edited:
My budget is 3,00,000. I want my home theatre for my hall 22*18*10. My location is Lucknow and want dolby atmos setup. This budget should include AVR as well as SPEAKERS. Please guide me the full setup. I will really appreciate it. Also the location is issue coz here i searched for the experience in any store but there is no such store in Lucknow. So guide me from where i can purchase the full set up

Hi,

Setup I want to buy:

5) Denon x2400

Thanks

Since you are having a dedicated room i would recommend dual subwoofers. My room also is similar to yours in size but not dedicated. I have done lot of experiments with various products and have realized we also need to get speakers and subwoofer that match our room size. And based on your room dimensions i think it will be a over kill. But if you select your products wisely you can end up with an amazing sound stage. you should plan for 5.2.4 set up.

Last edited:
My budget is 3,00,000. I want my home theatre for my hall 22*18*10. My location is Lucknow and want dolby atmos setup. This budget should include AVR as well as SPEAKERS. Please guide me the full setup. I will really appreciate it. Also the location is issue coz here i searched for the experience in any store but there is no such store in Lucknow. So guide me from where i can purchase the full set up
That is a good budget. Since you are going to set up in your hall we need the schematic diagram of your hall so we will know the speaker placements which will help in selecting the right product

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back