Suggestion for a 7.1 Speaker Setup

barnomoy

Hi folks!

I am in a dilemma over my music setup. Thus I thought to start a post to get help from essentially the best HT forums on the planet.

I had bought an Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 AVR which has an individual channel output of 90W. It it still lying sealed in my house, as I have not bought the speakers - for the simple lack of moolah :D. Now I have coughed up some money that may allow me to start off, if not buy, the full 8 speakers.

I have read a lot in HFV's forums but have not found a customised solution to my problem. Thus my post. I am predominantly into listening to soft music, oldies, classicals, jazz, pop, country and instrumentals. There are obvious days when friends come up and "we will we will rock you" is also played. So bass is an important aspect as well. I have a budget of approx INR 50,000 for the speakers.

After going through the forums, I see that the most suggested manufacturers are:
Mission, Wharfedale, Polk, Q Acoustics etc. I have also personally listened to Sonodyne and they are good as well.

I have heard a stup of Polk Audio TSi 300 (FS), TSi 100 (surrounds), CS 10 (center) , OMW 3 (rears) and PSW 150 (sub) paired to the same Onkyo as mine. I gives decent output, but I need to know if I can get a better bang for the buck.

All your inputs will be extremely welcome, and thanks in advance. Apologies for the long post.

Cheers:)

Just Audition the following package :

1). Q Acoustics 1010i(Cherry) + 1010i(Cherry) + 1000ci(Cherry) + 1000si(Cherry) Demo Package : Rs.42,000 + Cables and Accessories

2). Q Acoustics 1010i Package New : Rs.56,000 + Cables and Accessories

You can audition the same @ Gemini Traders, Connaught Place, +91 9311155528...

Thanks Mridul. But I am inclined to having floorstanders for my front left and right. What about Wharfedale, Polk, Diamond ?

Onkyo dont go that well with Wharf(I checked it earlier)
Q -aco, Tannoy, Polk goes well.

Bro

there are two ways to complete a setup...
One, get a HTiB, and finish it off...
or
Second, get your Home Theatre building up, slowly and gradually...
which will in end give u bang for bucks...

I understand your inclination towards FloorStanders...
they give better performance anyday...
So, if you are tight on budget, choose a Good Brand, say Q Acoustics, Wharfedale, Mission, etc., and build up your system...

Spirovious says that Onkyo doesnt go well with Wharfedale, so look in for other brands, there are a few to look into...
And even if u are inclined towards Polk, then look into RTi series, instead of TSi...that is much better...
Getting TSi 300 / Monitor 50 is not a wise option, that i see...
Rest you have auditioned the same, so you have a better idea...

Make a good decision...CHEERS.. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back