Suggestion for amp with Jamo 718

from the specs and reviews the jamos should be easy to drive since theyre quite sensitive. in saying that the pm6002 isnt such a powerful amp. what do you currently find lacking in your system. is it quality of music or is it lacking in power where you find that theres loss of sq when you crank up the volume.

also whats your budget if youre looking at a new amp

its the quality of sound that is a concern..... also the loss is not much bt thn i have seldom gone beyond 60% of volume level........

lately the volume output has gone down considerably,,, cn u suggest h remedy n h reason behind such n anamoly.... i have already checkd h connections....... also my source is my laptop......

would be thankful if you can aswer both of my queries....... and my bud. for a new amp is arnd 35k.

the source could be the culprit here. using a direct line out from phones into the amp decreasing quality and also volume. the recording quality also makes a difference. ideally it should be lossless but anything above 4mb in file size imo is good enough. to check if there is a proble m with the amp / speakers connect it to a cdp and see if there is a problem with sound output going down

as for the new amp, maybe you could sell your current one and get your budget a little higher and buy an amp that will do better justice to your speakers. you could look at nad cambridge marantz depending on which one pairs with your speakers better and according to what your ears prefer

Source here is definately one problem. I remember hearing Marantz 6002 with S606 at louder volumes. Amp was amazing. Obviously, source was a CD played in a dedicated CDP.

@afj i m already playing the loseless file...... do u think adding DAC convertor would make it more musical...... and if so kindly suggest the brands.....

@darshanjoshi yes i have a dedicated room....

Sanket

my frank advice
it seems you either have upgraditus or you have evolved for the better in musical tastes
Most likely its the latter

the S series speakers from Jamo unfortunately in my opinion are not very great

i would advice the following course of action
Option 1
hear a couple other speakers ( with the same laptop source and the same amp)
do you like that better ?
if yes buy speakers!

look at bookshleves instead ( unless ofcourse you use the Jamos also as home theatre speakers and DONT have a seperate subwoofer for movies)

option 2
Get a better and bigger ( read slightly more powerful amp)
pair it with your current set of speakers
if you evolve more
Later BUY new speakers too
NOW you have a complete upgraded setup!

In my opinion a DAC will do very less for the problem you seem to face right now

P.S : i see you are in Delhi
ask ashish ( i think he deals with PSB) for a home demo with some bookshleves or to his shop with your amp and laptop
Im more in favor of a home demo (even if you have to pay a couple hundred) because hearing something in another room just doesnt sound the same when you set it up at your home

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back