Suggestion for IEM upgrade from SoundMagic e10c

jagadeeshwarank

I currently own a Soundmagic E10C and using it along with my Poco F1 for past 8 months. Though I like the signature of the sound it produces, I use it with fixed band equalization as provided here. I like a warm,soothing sound signature. I am looking at an upgrade over this IEM and have around 5k to spend. I dont own any DAC and using Poweramp application.

Right now I am eyeing Blon B03 (from HeadphoneZone) as a replacement as that is well within my budget. Reading few reviews online suggested that these are really good ones provided the cables and the eartips are replaced. I got few questions that would help me proceed with the purchase.

- Is it worthwhile upgrade from my current setup? I mean without a DAC.
- Is there a better alternative since I would have bit more cash to spare? (Read somewhere CCA12 is good)
- What would be better upgrade path over next 1 year after getting the IEM?
- Say I was eyeing Shanling M1 as it is a DAP and can be used as DAC
- Or any other better DAC? ( It need not be portable like Shanling)

Thanks,
Jagadeesh

Phone is ok for most sub 5k ones.
you can check head fi for reviews. Also look at kbear lark and cca c10.

in case you are sure what you are looking for, you can spend on whatever fits your taste. Otherwise save your money and buy entry level stuff to figure it out. You can upgrade some day in future

I currently own a Soundmagic E10C and using it along with my Poco F1 for past 8 months. Though I like the signature of the sound it produces, I use it with fixed band equalization as provided here. I like a warm,soothing sound signature. I am looking at an upgrade over this IEM and have around 5k to spend. I dont own any DAC and using Poweramp application.

Right now I am eyeing Blon B03 (from HeadphoneZone) as a replacement as that is well within my budget. Reading few reviews online suggested that these are really good ones provided the cables and the eartips are replaced. I got few questions that would help me proceed with the purchase.

- Is there a better alternative since I would have bit more cash to spare? (Read somewhere CCA12 is good)
GTA V on the phone with the same image quality and gameplay as on the computer gta 5 mobile apk + data download
Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Based on your preferences for a warm and soothing sound signature, the Blon BL-03 is indeed a popular choice within your budget. It offers good sound quality and can be further improved with cable and eartip upgrades. However, whether it is a worthwhile upgrade from your current setup without a DAC depends on your specific needs and preferences.

If you are satisfied with the sound quality and performance of your current setup, investing in a new IEM alone may not provide a significant improvement, especially without a dedicated DAC. Upgrading to a higher-end IEM would typically yield better results when paired with a quality DAC.

Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Get a Shure IEM that fits your budget

You don’t really need a DAC, especially if you go for BT iems

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back