Suggestion/Help needed - Laptop Speakers.

hypermaster

Hi,
I need some help buying a set of bookshelf speakers.

A little about what i require them for.

I use a MAC BOOK PRO for watching movies, listening to music and mostly i hook it up to my LCD for the movies.

I am frequent in travelling on short holidays to some close getaways and i like to carry computer speakers to hook up to my laptop while on holidays.

I wanted some bookshelf speakers that i can carry around with me.
ONE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME - I LOVE BASS - if the speakers dont have good BASS, they are not for me.

I would prefer powered speakers.

i was actually contemplating the Bose "Companion 3 Series II Multimedia Speaker System" but somehow i feel that Bose's Bass reproduction is overrated.

i've heard some locally made bookshelfs with really excellant bass - small but good. i'm really surprised how some completely local dealers can make some good speakers.

So, ghuys, what do you suggest..
Budget i around 15K

am located at mumbai, so suggest me some place where i could take my laptop and listen to some music and decide.

This becomes very hard to manage as bookshelves are meant for mobility generally. The A5 that is quoted in the thread has dimensions of

10.0(H) x 7.0 (W) x 7.75 (D)

and when packed has

11.5 (W) x 14.5 (H) x 21.75 (L)

Is this workable for you?

thank your all - this is amazingly quick response. SUPER !!

Apart from audioengine - what do you think of the Mordaunt Short Avant 902i ??????

i'm only deciding on the audioengine or Avant 902i

Avant 902i is indeed a good choice at budget,They are slightly bigger in size then A5, importantly, how would you amplify them ? would you be always carrying an amp along with your laptop ?

Hi,
I need some help buying a set of bookshelf speakers.

A little about what i require them for.

I use a MAC BOOK PRO for watching movies, listening to music and mostly i hook it up to my LCD for the movies.

I am frequent in travelling on short holidays to some close getaways and i like to carry computer speakers to hook up to my laptop while on holidays.

ONE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME - I LOVE BASS - if the speakers dont have good BASS, they are not for me.

I would prefer powered speakers.

i was actually contemplating the Bose "Companion 3 Series II Multimedia Speaker System" but somehow i feel that Bose's Bass reproduction is overrated.

i've heard some locally made bookshelfs with really excellant bass - small but good. i'm really surprised how some completely local dealers can make some good speakers.

So, ghuys, what do you suggest..
Budget i around 15K

am located at mumbai, so suggest me some place where i could take my laptop and listen to some music and decide.

I guess you should look for amplified solutions(increased portability as no amps.)

check out the wharfedale diamond 8.1 proactive studio monitors.

Diamond Studio 8.1 ProActive - DIAMOND STUDIO PRO 8 - Wharfedale Pro

Also can you please shed some light on the locally made bookshelfs you are talking about.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back