Suggestion on For Sale and Wanted section

powerslave

Hi Mods

I have read the rules for sale and wanted section and completely agree with the "intent" . However the rule tends to control this based on number of posts i.e. 91 and tenure (this is fair) , however former will only promote people to add posts to reach that stage.

Secondly, this rule in its current form puts at disadvantage many FMs (yours truly being one of them) who are mostly active readers and have purchased many goods from the forum over the last few years without making the requisite number of posts. Don't you think that this will promote posting for the sake of posting and only reduce the SNR of the threads?

I would like the Mods to consider relaxing this rule at least for the "Wanted" forum so that FMs can at least post threads for buying if not for selling. It would be fair to warn those who post For Sale topics in the wanted section to prevent misuse.

Secondly, if there was a way for FMs to earn points as a verified purchaser or seller by other FMs with whom they transacted we could build a good pool of FMs who have a history as verified buyer/seller ( watch selling forum WatchuSeek has this facility). That would be a highly reliable and trustworthy framework to help promote fair usage and build a good buyer/seller community.

Again I don't have strong views on this as I have nothing to sell as such, so kindly take it on merit/FWIW.

Secondly, if there was a way for FMs to earn points as a verified purchaser or seller by other FMs with whom they transacted we could build a good pool of FMs who have a history as verified buyer/seller ( watch selling forum WatchuSeek has this facility). That would be a highly reliable and trustworthy framework to help promote fair usage and build a good buyer/seller community.
Very good point. I totally agree. We should have something on these lines.

Secondly, if there was a way for FMs to earn points as a verified purchaser or seller by other FMs with whom they transacted we could build a good pool of FMs who have a history as verified buyer/seller ( watch selling forum WatchuSeek has this facility). That would be a highly reliable and trustworthy framework to help promote fair usage and build a good buyer/seller community
What about the Fm who already Sold their beloved products /Who already bought from this forum without any controversy / heated argument.Those genuine ( above mentioned ) FM will be penalized / Stay behind the New sellers/ New buyers on this verified points rating.

I could see lot of FM just putting welcome message and one line message/ one word message without any meaning to reach mandatory message for selling their product here.It would be great if that can be monitored.

I believe the contribution to the forum is expected through some meaningful mandatory post.

I have seen few FM reached eligible number of post in couple of days to sell their product where they are already senior in joining date.

"Welcome message, 10 Words message should not be considered as message / Post. on account of seller aspect"
I know it is practically difficult for the Mods to monitor.
:)

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
^ Maybe we could ask sellers and buyers who transacted in the past to confirm their deals with links to past sale posts (unicast them to Mods). Use Trophy points as a means to get credit for past dealings. "Points" could be used, no?

That way criteria could now become "existing criteria" OR "x number of points". I know this is adding complexity, that's why I only suggested this be relaxed only for the "wanted" section. I am unaware of the forum software platform and what options it offers. So just throwing out a suggestion, no more from me on this topic.

What about the Fm who already Sold their beloved products /Who already bought from this forum without any controversy / heated argument.Those genuine ( above mentioned ) FM will be penalized / Stay behind the New sellers/ New buyers on this verified points rating.

I could see lot of FM just putting welcome message and one line message/ one word message without any meaning to reach mandatory message for selling their product here.It would be great if that can be monitored.

I believe the contribution to the forum is expected through some meaningful mandatory post.

I have seen few FM reached eligible number of post in couple of days to sell their product where they are already senior in joining date.

"Welcome message, 10 Words message should not be considered as message / Post. on account of seller aspect"
I know it is practically difficult for the Mods to monitor.

Just my opinion.
The rule says it's 91msgs and 91 days.unless you fulfill both criteria your sale or wanted msg will not be listed.
It's not either of them

Hi Friends,

I totally agree with the points. Am with the forum since 2018 but still not reached to the required number of posts. Not ever tried to put welcome messages daily to reach the 91mark.

I don't have enough knowledge to comment on most of the threads and still in the learning process.

I am regularly reading the threads and got many valuable information from our group. Bought many products by chatting private messages with in this long period of time.

I got many friends also(I hope atleast few of them will be accepting me also as a friend).

If a relaxation like 4 or 5 year time without any black marks(comments)from other fello members to become an active member will be great.

Thanks..

I would like the Mods to consider relaxing this rule at least for the "Wanted" forum so that FMs can at least post threads for buying if not for selling. It would be fair to warn those who post For Sale topics in the wanted section to prevent misuse.
Good point, i would like the Moderators to consider relaxing the rule for WANTED section.

The rule says it's 91msgs and 91 days.unless you fulfill both criteria your sale or wanted msg will not be listed.
It's not either of them
Yes i knew that.
I mean to say - Few FM who joined about 2 years back and not posting any valid info / suggestion in this forum and within 2 days they are adding more number of post with single words( Welcome ) to reach 91 message ..Just to sell their product.

Maybe we could ask sellers and buyers who transacted in the past to confirm their deals with links to past sale posts (unicast them to Mods). Use Trophy points as a means to get credit for past dealings. "Points" could be used, no?
How many of us ready to give genuine feedback after a months may be years after purchase !!!
May be sellers eagerly wait for feedback.But the buyers will not be interested to give feedback unless he is familiar with that seller.
just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I am really confused what has changed with sales section, I posted a for sale thread 5 hrs ago and it suddenly disappeared without any email/message for issue. they should have atleast let me know the issue with my thread so that I can make necessary correction.

I strongly believe and support hifi vision members when they say that the Mods should look in the ease of allowing atleast the WANTED criteria to be relaxed.
Mods please do think deeply and relax the rules in the wanted post

@OP & other participants: while we appreciate your points, as some of you have already posted, neither the forum software has any option to incorporate the suggestions nor do we have enough bandwidth to go through and filter hundreds of posts. We all have daytime jobs and squeeze some time out to monitor the forum in a generic manner. We depend on feedback from active members who flag posts that do not conform to forum rules.

Nevertheless, we have taken note of the suggestions and figure a way out. Hope you understand and bear with the situation.

Thanks dear moderator Captain Rajesh. We pray and really hope you will intervene and find an easy solution. We respect the fact that you all have little time at hand to keep this forum moving. God bless.

Kudos to the mods for trying to create a safe space for all audio enthusiasts.

I agree with the points made on this thread. May be you can use older verified members to verify newer members that want to genuinely use the classifieds section.

There can be a verification mega thread that older members can volunteer to verify new ones - may be via phone interviews / other means - this would distribute the responsibility away from the mods and truly use the community to build community.

I too have been sailing in the same boat, have joined forum in 2013 and have been active reader and gain lot of knowledge in installing my first HT way back in 2013-14 with help of this forum. Recently I upgraded the AVR and Projector and wanted to post on the forum the earlier models of AVR and Projector which are in excellent condition, however with the lesser no of post than the milestone of 91 haven't been able to do so and forced to put the items on sale on olx. I hope the moderators also consider these suggestions and make some changes

I think the existing rules are reasonable. That maintains a sanity of the genuine buyers and sellers, else it will become another olx.

In the past there were some items which i sold using this forum. Having said that, there were times when some item was not making any movement via this forum. So one of my friend told to put on olx (and i was hesitant), but to my surprise i found good buyers there and it was finally sold.

So my point is, if anyone is not able to sell from here due to any reason, other channels like olx are also available, and if you think that audiophiles are available only in this forum and not on olx, then you are incorrect.

Hi Friends,

I totally agree with the points. Am with the forum since 2018 but still not reached to the required number of posts. Not ever tried to put welcome messages daily to reach the 91mark.

I don't have enough knowledge to comment on most of the threads and still in the learning process.

I am regularly reading the threads and got many valuable information from our group. Bought many products by chatting private messages with in this long period of time.

I got many friends also(I hope atleast few of them will be accepting me also as a friend).

If a relaxation like 4 or 5 year time without any black marks(comments)from other fello members to become an active member will be great.

Thanks..
well said, I am also a active reader and still learning new things from this forum.. some relaxation is really required.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back