Suggestion request for Bluray player and speaker package

sakitram

I am so much fond of music and movies. I just now bought Yamaha RX-V667 as it seems to be good and have all the features.

Now I am looking for a good Bluray player that is 100% suitable for this receiver and can able to utilize all the features of the receiver.

I am also looking for a good speaker package.

Cost does not matter, but it should be reasonable. So I expect within Rs. 20000.

If possible, please give me shop address from Bangalore.

Thanks,
Sakitram

Some questions.

is 20000 Budget for Speaker and Blu-ray both?
Only BR playback wanted or you want it to double up as media player, DLNA ?
What region Code BR are gonna be played back ?

20,000 for both.

I want Bluray player with 3D ready, media player (plays all the formats), with network (atleast by LAN) as it may be required to do firmware update whenever required. No need of any other Internet releated features.

I am also thinking about PS3, as it has all the movie features + game features.
But I am worried about how does it supports MKV, DIVX movies and whether it is 3D ready. If PS3 suitable, I may forget the speaker package option for now.

Please suggested which one is best.

bluray player plus speakers means you need to buy
1.) bluray player + AVR + speakers - your budget 20k is not enough
2.)need to buy bluray home theater packages like LG HB954TB , Philips HTS5590/51 , Sony BDV-E870 but even for this your budget 20k is not enough

3 .) blu ray player plus pc speakers - your budget can buy

so for 3rd option but any good

blu ray player with 5.1 analog out ( 6k - 10k) + { edifier da 5000 pro ( 9k ) or edifier s550 (around 18k) or logitech z5500 (15k) }

note : most of the bluray players have 2.1 analog out , so if you did't find any bluray player with 5.1 analog out then you need to buy speakers with digital input

so if you did't find bluray players with 5.1 analog out then buy lg bluray player BD550 + logitech z5500

Last edited:
PS3 is 3D capable, but only with Dolby Digital or DTS being output at the time 3D video is being output. You can't have HD audio output along with 3D video.

PS3 supports DivX, but does not support MKV files on its hard disk. However, MKV's can be streamed from your computer through PS3 Media Server.

Here I am almost chosen PS3 Slim now. Though some more questions.

1. I see that LPCM 7.1ch output is available with PS3.
While watching 3D movie and I put the audio through LPCM 7.1ch to Yamaha V667 receiver, will I be able to get HD audio as well as 3D video?

2. Is there plan with SONY to release PS3 with HDMI 1.4 or 1.4a in the near future?
If it is so, I shall wait for some more time.

3. Is it possible to make PS3 a region free?

4. Does the PS3 package includes HDMI cable or we had to buy separately?

Thanks for the reply.

1. I see that LPCM 7.1ch output is available with PS3.
While watching 3D movie and I put the audio through LPCM 7.1ch to Yamaha V667 receiver, will I be able to get HD audio as well as 3D video?

PS3 online manual mentions that instead of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA, sound will be output as Dolby Digital or DTS respectively, while 3D content is being played. Not sure of LPCM 7.1, though I think it should probably play fine.
2. Is there plan with SONY to release PS3 with HDMI 1.4 or 1.4a in the near future?
If it is so, I shall wait for some more time.

No such plan is known. No announcement made.
3. Is it possible to make PS3 a region free?

No. Unless, you jailbreak, which I would definitely not advocate, as Sony plans to ban jailbroken PS3's. They might even brick them in the future. Preferable, stay away from jailbreaking.
4. Does the PS3 package includes HDMI cable or we had to buy separately?

No HDMI cable is included. It needs to be bought separately. Only an AV cable is included.

HI Sakitram,

I have put a blu ray player Sherwood 5004 for sale.

It decodes up to 7.1 analogue DTS MA and you can see my post up. But it does not do 3D.

If interested PM me.

Regards

HI Sakitram,

I have put a blu ray player Sherwood 5004 for sale.

It decodes up to 7.1 analogue DTS MA and you can see my post up. But it does not do 3D.

If interested PM me.

Regards

Vinod, is your player region free? please provide me more details....

Hi Sukhas,

It is region free for DVD and Blu Ray, multivoltage, completely unused, and a nice unit, pretty rugged.

For more details please refer my for sale post here.

PS: I have NEVER used it other than what is mentioned in the post. It is now boxed and kept away.

http://www.sherwoodusa.com/

Regards

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back