Suggestion required for AV receiver

Nids

Hi All,

I am looking out for an AV receiver. My hall is in L shape and TV area is 10*10 .
For my small hall, I believe a 5.1 system will be more than enough. Is it better to invest in a 7.1 Atmos system now to future proof the purchase?

My primary use if 50% Music (Spotify/Youtube) and 50% movies ( Amazon Prime)
I have placed an order for Pioneer SP-BS22-LR and Pioneer SP-C22. Due to space constraints, I am not opting for tower speakers.
I have right now shortlisted Yamaha 485BL and Yamaha 585 BL. Is it ok to buy from Amazon as the price is very competitive?

Looking for suggestions on good AV receivers and rear speakers.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Nids

Last edited:
Hi Nids,

I would recommend to invest in a 7.1 setup , as Atmos speakers can be have for little over 10k and you might feel like trying one sometime later. Other alternatives at price range of 40-60k are Denon X1600H , Denon-X2600H( Lower power than others but is sleek and apparently better at Music and i see preference for music in equal nature) , Marantz NR1609, Marantz SR5013 (at 59.9k on Hifimart). I have invested in a Denon X2600H and they are really good for movies and decent for Music ( after listening to Stereo Amps , the AVR sound really lifeless in comparison for music).

Is it better to invest in a 7.1 Atmos system now to future proof the purchase?

A 7.1 Atmos AVR is a better choice, then settling down for 5.1 and upgrading later.. But that is fine, only if you have a sizeable budget.. 7.2 AVR from any brand can be had for abt 50K..

Is it ok to buy from Amazon as the price is very competitive?

Sometimes the manufacturer doesn't honor the warranty if bought online.. Get in touch with seller on amazon and check if manufacturer warranty is applicable.. If so, then all the reasons to get it for less online..

Looking for suggestions on good AV receivers and rear speakers.

If you like the Pioneer BS-22, you can buy an other pair for surrounds, making the fronts & surrounds identical, better IMO.. But, check if the speakers have wall mounting capability, might come in handy..

Not sure how much experience you have but if you list quality over quantity, start with a good two-channel stereo setup.

Not sure how much experience you have but if you list quality over quantity, start with a good two-channel stereo setup.
Absolute beginner :) .....

A 7.1 Atmos AVR is a better choice, then settling down for 5.1 and upgrading later.. But that is fine, only if you have a sizeable budget.. 7.2 AVR from any brand can be had for abt 50K..

Sometimes the manufacturer doesn't honor the warranty if bought online.. Get in touch with seller on amazon and check if manufacturer warranty is applicable.. If so, then all the reasons to get it for less online..

If you like the Pioneer BS-22, you can buy an other pair for surrounds, making the fronts & surrounds identical, better IMO.. But, check if the speakers have wall mounting capability, might come in handy..

Thank Elangoas... I had written to amazon sellers. Most of them are offering only a seller warranty.
*In the case of a warranty claim within one year of purchase date, I need to contact the seller, who will then verify my purchase with the service center and raise a complaint about the issue. I can then take the product to the nearest service center.

Hi Nids,

I would recommend to invest in a 7.1 setup , as Atmos speakers can be have for little over 10k and you might feel like trying one sometime later. Other alternatives at price range of 40-60k are Denon X1600H , Denon-X2600H( Lower power than others but is sleek and apparently better at Music and i see preference for music in equal nature) , Marantz NR1609, Marantz SR5013 (at 59.9k on Hifimart). I have invested in a Denon X2600H and they are really good for movies and decent for Music ( after listening to Stereo Amps , the AVR sound really lifeless in comparison for music).

Thanks, Flux for your suggestion on the 7.1 setup, will look in to it.
Being an absolute beginner, I wanted to start with minimum investment and them upgrade on the long run.

@Nids I would recommend not purchasing on Amazon, since the service centers are local and based upon my research not very receptive to online purchases. Also prices in retail shops in Bangalore are much lower than Amazon , i got the Denon - X2600H for 56k which is much lower than the online price anywhere.

If you go for the Marantz NR1509/1609 , you can add a power amp in the future for your Front LR since they have pre outs (this results in much better music with good dynamics depending on the amp you choose as against just the AVR).

go for denon 2600h or 3600h as it is good and atmos is excellent .Do not buy from amazon .local shops or hifimart is always better .

I recommend for atmos avr. You can invest & add atmos speakers later.

For rear you can use same speakers as front or you can use floorstander as fronts. I don't think floorstander take extra space as bookshelf speakers also require stands.

You can save space by only wall mounting, which do effect performance.

For avr you can go for Yamaha,denon or marantz.

If music is your substantial requirement then must consider Yamaha. I used Yamaha previously & switched over to Denon X2600H but I still miss that musical punch from Yamaha. In fact I am contemplating to switch back to Yamaha for the very reason. Go with FS & centre ch first.

If music is your substantial requirement then must consider Yamaha. I used Yamaha previously & switched over to Denon X2600H but I still miss that musical punch from Yamaha. In fact I am contemplating to switch back to Yamaha for the very reason. Go with FS & centre ch first.

Thanks Pranay.. Which Yamaha receiver were you using before?

I was using basic RXV 473. There are newer models now. Can consider Yamaha Aventage if you have budget.

i have pioneer vsx 1131 and its doing very well, u can also opt for vsx 931

denon i heard many complaints but its upto personal experience

, ealier i hd yamaha it performed well for me and yamaha marantz and pioneer has service centres at many places

Guys, I have a similar confusion. Planning to build a 7.2HT. Which one should i go for? Marantz 1609 or Yamaha 585? Purpose is 50:50 (Music and Movies)

Back