Suggestion requried !!

mayukh80

I am planning to buy Wharfedale 9.2 to connect with Cambridge Azur S540. I have already bought Pioneer DV 310S . My music preference is classic , hard rock and some folk music

Please help !!

I am planning to buy Wharfedale 9.2 to connect with Cambridge Azur S540. I have already bought Pioneer DV 310S . My music preference is classic , hard rock and some folk music

Please help !!

looking at your setup ,I will suggest Marantz CDp 5001/6002 which will give best output.

Please help !!

Is it 540A-V2 or 540R-V3? Either ways, CA makes good musical machines. You cant go wrong with them. If I were you, I'd get 9.1 and add SW150 if needed. YMMV.

Cheers.

Hi mayukh,

If u want to go the 2.0 way for music, i think u should go for the 9.2's. I find the bass adequate and tight. They are very good bookshelves at their price point.

cheers,
sri

Please help !!

whats your budget on the speakers

thanks a lot for your feedback.. finally bought the hardwares from "Bass N Treble"... in Dwarka... Danny is an amazing guy.... i took audition for more than an hour and at the end ... i ended up lending some music to Danny.... lol!

he was floored to hear Priest "Beyond the realms of Death" in 9.2 and that made me choose it....but after installing at my place i find it with an extra bass factor... compared to 9.1. But 9.2 is quite good with Classical music and Indian Ocean.

Dont know whether i made the right choice or not... but i guess its only the beginning.

I am planning to upgrade my system in coming months with a budget of around 60k. Please help !!

Go thru srikarkv's thread on his 9.2s. Might get some ideas on how to tune your setup to your liking...

Hi mayukh,

If u want to go the 2.0 way for music, i think u should go for the 9.2's. I find the bass adequate and tight. They are very good bookshelves at their price point.

cheers,
sri

hi can u tell me how to tune my 9.2 to suit my taste.... for some genre of music the bass eats up some notes..... i have CA S540V2 along with pioneer DC 310S

hi mayukh,congrats on the purchase.hw hv u set them up?what ic/cables u using?hv u tried experimenting with the placement?more often than not u can tame extra bass/such like that.remember,dont be afraid to experiment,its ur setup after all!!;).enjoy the music.cheers

Last edited:
Hi mayukh,

Stuff the cones with some foam or some clean cloth. Please dont push it in too much. You will find the bass tight and to your liking. Try to get a Marantz CDP(used or new). As murali made me realize it will open new doors to you.

Dont worry if you have made the right choice. You have. Give the wharfies some time. Like you, me and my son felt disappointed at first. But after giving them more than 100 hours its a pleasure to hear them, although i have done great injustice to them by their positioning.

All the above things i picked from the forum members only . I am happy to pass it on to you.

cheers
sri

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back