Suggestions 4 Projector Screen Budget 50K

Dinesh29888

Looking to buy a Projector Screen 120" or 133" on the budget of 50K max... Really confused on which screen to go for ... My room is a Dedicated Home Theatre room ...So which screen should i go for the white matte or the silver/grey finish ....and also most positive reviews i got was for Da Lite screens .. but my budget doesn't support it .... and also i am looking for a fixed frame .... and also give me the contact details of any dealers or shops from MUMBAI ....

I think a white matte screen will demand the room to be more darker but there are ways to tackle this while screen with silver/grey finish, ambient lights can be used more easily. Ideally i think if one is using the projector daily then at times in-direct light is good.

V.

Hi,

I am also in lookout for a screen for dedicated HT room. My PJ is Epson TW8000 and I am looking for 150" screen.

Are you considering perforated screen so that you can place the front speakers behind the screen?

I heard that there are special screen s to improve 3D. Is there any truth to that ?

You can check these guys out GALALITE

John.

I think most speakers look beautiful especially without grill and they add to decor of room therefore may be there is no need to keep speakers behind screen unless there is a good purpose.

V.

Are you considering perforated screen so that you can place the front speakers behind the screen?
John.

I was told that keeping the speakers behind the screen improves the front LCR sound stage. Seems like in most of the commercial movie theaters, the front speakers are kept behind the screen.

However THX specs doesn't mandate you to keep the speakers behind the screen though.

But I am skeptical to keep the speakers behind screen. I read that this will have a bad effect both on the video and audio quality. Video quality will suffer because the screen has holes and a significant amount of light from the projector will pass through the screen and doesn't get reflected. Audio quality will also suffer because only 50-60% of the sound will pass through the perforated screen.

So I am planning to give it a skip.

-John.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back