suggestions for 2.1 setup for music and dth.

theironhorse

HI,

after the 42 inch (LG LH60YR)
logi z-5500
onkyo-3100

now i am looking forward to get and amp with sub out for pure music usage and to hook up the audio out of my airtel dth.

amp + speakers = 30k or less

sub will be added later on.

usage 50% airtel dth
50% music (majorly oldies for evenings and some time head banging
metal and rock, and hindi movie tracks.)

not much of budget now but looking for suggestion..

open for all options and can go for BS or FS. sub will not be a part of it.. i can go for 2.0 but to add sub later need amp with sub out.

room is 10 x 22. (rectangle) room size not the contraint and its gonna get proper sound damping soon.. however the budget is limited as of now.

ne updates guys.. i was lookin to get telome fs with norge amp to connect my dth as well as for stereo music...

help guys.

HI,

after the 42 inch (LG LH60YR)
logi z-5500
onkyo-3100

now i am looking forward to get and amp with sub out for pure music usage and to hook up the audio out of my airtel dth.

amp + speakers = 30k or less

sub will be added later on.

usage 50% airtel dth
50% music (majorly oldies for evenings and some time head banging
metal and rock, and hindi movie tracks.)

not much of budget now but looking for suggestion..

open for all options and can go for BS or FS. sub will not be a part of it.. i can go for 2.0 but to add sub later need amp with sub out.

norge 2060 + Wharf 9.2 + SEW150 (just about in your budget maybe a small stretch. Nothing beats that. I would say an CDP would also be good.

... got that suprateep.. however m a bass lover...

how bout gets telome FS and a amp.. suggestions.. room area is 240 sft.

wud it be an overkill..

Dual 8 inch woofers in each of those telomes im quite confident will keep you bass happy.

Denom should be able to tell you more about the norfe/telome combo.

@ironhornse: I was reading your requirement through and you've mentioned that you wanted an amp with sub out? Now the suggestions that other folks have given your viz norge/marantz, I'm not sure if they have a sub-pre-out.

I don't intend confusing you further but thought should let you know of the Yamaha RX-397/497/797 series that are basically stereo receivers with sub pre-out and are real bass pushers. Combine them with Wharf 9.2 and if you're not happy with the bass yet, get a sub and it'll keep you happy for long!

Iron Horse,

You cant listen to old hindi songs on any of these highend systems. The recordings are poor. I tried to listen to Aashiqui and Raja Hindustani. They were awful . Particularly T series is not good. Any recordings made after 2000 are good.

Thanks
Pandu

Man chahe geet( I mean radio) would be best bet as far as I know. I am a big fan of oldies unfortunately I only listen to them thru radios. May be some of our other members of the forum would help us out.

In Audio world we always try to compare. Let us suppose you have system and have a collection of both oldies and newbies. You can see big difference(day and Night) in clarity between those two. Because of the recording problem you end up listening to the newer ones.

My friends used to call me I am oldies freak. Ofcourse I am still today. But when you see my collection of both bollywood and tollywood you would not believe that I am a oldies fan. I have mostly teh newbies with me.

Thanks
pandu

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back