Suggestions for 5.1 speaker set for Yamaha RXV681

quest

Hi Everyone.
I'm new to this forum and just registered today.
I have been browsing these forums to decide on speakers.
Room size: 13x21 ft. It will be mainly used for movies (Home-Theatre) and bit of music. I want to keep the option open if in future i plan to make a dedicated AV room.

I have zeroed in on Yamaha RXV681. I hope its a good choice.

My budget for speakers is 80-90K.
What I was suggested by an AV expert was as follows:
Monitor Audio MR4 tower speakers / Bronze cabinet speakers.
Monitor audio MR center / Bronze center.
Wharfdale surround DFS 10.
Monitor Audio MR10 sub / Sonodyne S8.

In demo, I heard the system with Bronze tower speakers and i liked the sound.

I'm a novice to this field and would like a good investment which would last me for years.

After online research, I have got quite confused with following other choices:

Main speakers: Wharfdale Diamond 230 / Yamaha NS-555 / anything else.
Center: Monitor Audio MR / Bronze / Yamaha NS-444
Subwoofer: Sonodyne S8 / Sonodyne Roarr 210 / Polk Audio PSW 505 / Klipsch sub-12HG / Yamaha YST-SW216BL / Klipsch R10SW

Any first hand experience or suggestion in set-up would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Check out Dali zensor 1 all around with Dali vokal Center. Similarly check q acoustics and polk audio rti series.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hi Quest,

Welcome to HFV.

Would suggest you audition as many avrs and speakers possible and start shortlisting....use the same movie / music content so you can draw a reference which makes it easy.

Most of us have changed systems with time due to technology or just for experiencing what brands have to offer. Upgrade bug will soon bite you...be cautious....

If you are on a strict tight budget, you can also always look at pre owned stuff which is available in the "For Sale by Owner" section of HFV or Hi Fi Ads or even Olx / Quikr for that matter.....audition, check and purchase please.

You also have the option to get the AVR first and add the 2 front speakers, later you can built the system slowly by adding the remaining speakers etc.

As mentioned by Mash, there are a variety of brands that will blend with the Yamaha AVR...Bostons, Wharfedale, Taga, etc....For AVRs, you can look at Denon, Marantz, Pioneer etc.

All the best....dont rush into purchases right away, make a proper informed decision.

Read threads related to What Should I buy or Home Threatre

Room size: 13x21 ft. It will be mainly used for movies (Home-Theatre) and bit of music. I want to keep the option open if in future i plan to make a dedicated AV room.

I have zeroed in on Yamaha RXV681. I hope its a good choice.

My budget for speakers is 80-90K.

For 100K budget, more of movies, look for sat + sub combo.. Best if all 7 speakers are from same brand.. Since you have a large room, consider going dual subs...

Rs. 80 to 90k is good budget for entry level speakers but if like to go for premium segment the consider following options.
1. Monitor Audio Branze 2 , Branze center and Branze BXFX with Bronze sub. You may not able to get all in your budget then go for pre-own Surround speakers and save money to use for main speakers. I have audition Monitor Audio Branze 5 and own MA BR BXFX speakers. Definitely worth to put money in.
2. Wharfdale Diamond 230/220/220center. Little hallow in midrange but excellent for low and high end band.
3. Elac F5/B5/C5. Highly appreciated and rated speakers . Can be purchase blindly. Just need to powerful AVR to bring best out of them.
Make compromises on surround speakers go for pre-own or little cheaper which can be upgraded later on. Initially invest your money in quality Front and center speakers.
Audition of each speaker is must because everyone has different test of sound.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

More and more choices by different FMs will not help you at this stage. There are lots of speaker brands with hosts of products at different price points. Each have their own fan following.
Better go to some more dealers and listen to more setups, both bookshelves/floorstanders and sat/sub. Shortlist a few. Then discuss here for opinion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I went to audition MA MR6 but unfortunately MR6 was not available so I have audition MA Branze 5 and MA MR4. I don't like the build quality and plain look of MR4, just like a black box while audition the speaker never sounded great to me . It lacks details and clarity and just throwing a sound. As I was not impressed with MR4, Dealer suggested to audition MA Bronze 5. It was a day and night difference. Midrange specially Vocals are lively and upper end was Crystal clear with full of details. Imaging was strong with good sound stage. Speakers lacks bass extension and punch in low end usually expected for Floor standing speakers but with the addition of a powerful Subwoofer these things can be over come. Price was 75k before discount. May be expecte 12 to 15? discount. As it was out of may budget, I purchased Boston Acoustic A360 for 33k from MZ audio, Mumbai. Only three speakers ranks ahead of BA A360 are 1). Paradigm Monitor 9 90k 2). Monitor Audio Branze 5 75k 3). Elac F5 60k. I purchased BA due to constrain budget and value for money product. This is my individual opinion gain while hunting speakers for self. Others may have different but you can save considerable amount of time and energy by going through FM suggestions.

I went to audition MA MR6 but unfortunately MR6 was not available so I have audition MA Branze 5 and MA MR4. I don't like the build quality and plain look of MR4, just like a black box while audition the speaker never sounded great to me . It lacks details and clarity and just throwing a sound. As I was not impressed with MR4, Dealer suggested to audition MA Bronze 5. It was a day and night difference. Midrange specially Vocals are lively and upper end was Crystal clear with full of details. Imaging was strong with good sound stage. Speakers lacks bass extension and punch in low end usually expected for Floor standing speakers but with the addition of a powerful Subwoofer these things can be over come. Price was 75k before discount. May be expecte 12 to 15? discount. As it was out of may budget, I purchased Boston Acoustic A360 for 33k from MZ audio, Mumbai. Only three speakers ranks ahead of BA A360 are 1). Paradigm Monitor 9 90k 2). Monitor Audio Branze 5 75k 3). Elac F5 60k. I purchased BA due to constrain budget and value for money product. This is my individual opinion gain while hunting speakers for self. Others may have different but you can save considerable amount of time and energy by going through FM suggestions.

Thanks sir,
Your input is highly appreciated. It was quite detailed and to the points I was looking for.
Thanks again for your time and effort.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back